Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #15

It is the new world order of how every thing has to be just so. I am glad I am at the age I am.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
mine will continue to be a "class a" coach,bus,rig or whatever else i choose to call it if you dont agree then you cant play in my sandbox and i will send you home
naner naner
brianj
Old 10-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just another attemp to increase membership. Decling memberships are a big problem. Many think the FMCA is a pretenious organization. They have had major organization changes. We all know that FMCA, GS, C2C are having membership problems. So, lets get more PC and try to suck in those B's, C;s and trailers to increse memberships. It is all about money! ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Just another attemp to increase membership. Decling memberships are a big problem. Many think the FMCA is a pretenious organization. They have had major organization changes. We all know that FMCA, GS, C2C are having membership problems. So, lets get more PC and try to suck in those B's, C;s and trailers to increse memberships. It is all about money! ed

Could you please explain how going from "class" to "type" is an attempt to increase membership??

It wasn't FMCA that brought this up, it was RIVA.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #19

Maybe it's the occupiers.
arc one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine is a Class A Motorhome, A Class A Coach,,, it's whatever I decide to call it and if this is a PC issue or something else welllll they can just,,,

Tough Noogies!!!!!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #21

I find it funny that people actually got together to discuss a change from Class A to Type A and then spent good money to announce it. A complete waste of time and money but I'm not shocked by it, these days it's expected to make everything PC. Should be interesting to see what else "has to be changed" going forward.

Maybe the "Slave" drive in my computer will become the "Partner" drive....
Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVIA said, some 11 years ago, that the change was to remove the "class" distinction from discussions. Class seems to bring on a "class A is better than class B and that's better than a class C.

One is not better than the other. By changing the designation they were attempting to remove the CLASS warfare that some people seem to engage in.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have an A and C. The A rides better, but the C sleeps more, the A has more storage but the C fits in smaller places. Hmmmm I just can't quite figure out which one is better. Type or class your RV is your RV all the same, a great place to spend time and money.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #24
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah! They are all in a class of their own.

The RV community as a whole can do something about it. Every time you refer to your own MH, call it a "class" whatever, and wherever you see it written down as a "Type," cross it out and write in the workd "Class." Maybe they will get the message.

Most likely not.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am a Type A driving a Class A
Like I tell my Grand Kids,...... I've gone green, I'm trying to rid the world of as much diesel as I can !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Like others have pointed out, this is not a new thing. FMCA started this over a decade ago. I found this to be ironic that they worry about being PC by calling Class A's Type A's but then have no qualms about excluding anyone who does not have a motorhome.

I'll continue to call my mh a Class A. I'm a member of FMCA and will continue to be but will keep giving them the business by my refusal to go along with this Type A stuff. Funny thing is, I never though of the RV class A, B, C, etc as any kind of a status, just a way to differentiate body styles. Apparently some in FMCA must have been feeling guilty about their own thoughts of some kind of superiority so they are trying to imposed their guilt removing resolution on everyone else. Typical of the PCers.

Now don't get me wrong, I think anyone can start a group that would be exclusive to 5th wheels, travel trailers, popups, motorhomes, etc, but don't put on the air of being open minded and PC by changing the term for Class A mh's to Type A mh's and then continue to exclude others.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Would I be insulting my class A, I mean type A , 0r is it a coach? When I say to the DW lets go for a ride in the camper.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I ate in an Army "Mess Hall" (when we weren't out in the dirt eating "C" rations. I bought a Class A Motor Home (Coach) so it will remain one. I'm so sick of PCBS coming from committees (a committee is where a group of people get togther and pool their ignorance) that I just as soon run over them with the XR-1 "Fat Boy" tires on my "Coach".
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote