Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
HAd I not found my Michelins at Costco when I was looking Toyos would have been my plan B.

You will do fine with Toyo's. Case closed, have a great trip in them new shoes.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Lit

National RV Owners Club
Only last week I had participated in the FMCA Michelin tire discount program. I bought six 235/80-22.5 Michelins XRV mounted, balanced and disposal fee for $2,809.10 out the door. I tried not to cry because I only had 29,000 miles on them, they did have a birth date of 2004. Safety comes first, this is called peace of mind.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #17

Buying tires through the FMCA was easy, with good results, and savings. Only certain dealers have the national accounts that can process buying tires. FMCA staff was of great help in making the process easy with tire size pricing and dealer available. Have dealer give you a quote on mounting and balancing and use FMCA fleet price for purchasing tires. Saved versus my local dealer.
mpdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have ONLY 6800 miles on my Michelins! But with date code of 5203 they are almost 9yrs old. They look great but I just signed up with FMCA and am starting my search. It's gonna hurt!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
I just had 6 of my 8 tires replaced through FMCA. Had them done at Superior Tire. They were very familiar with the FMCA program as they do about one per day! For my 315/80R22.5 XZ A 2 the price was $586 (plus FET). This compares to $701 I paid for the two I bought a Les Schwab two years ago - which was the best price I could find then. Labor was a bit more at Superior Tire than at Schwab, but the savings was still significant.

The way the program works is contact the dealer and make sure they get the tires in for your appointment. You contact FMCA and give them your credit card info.

You pay the tire dealer for the labor (mounting, balance, rebuild the valve etc.)

They invoice FMCA (while you are there). FMCA sends you the receipt in a few days.

Worked like a charm for me.
I got mine from Superior in Portland, thsi was before the FMCA plan and they were still the cheapest plus they could order them. Les Schwab had to wait till they came into their warehouse before they could order. It's been a couple years now so prices have gone way up.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought my 305 70R22.5's through the FMCA program - $586.03 per tire plus taxes & install labor. My biggest issue is getting the tires. I went from the north San Francisco area to Gillette, WY, via Reno & Saly Lake City. Dealers could not locate my tires until I talked to Les Schwab in SLC. They found 4 of the 6 tires I wanted. Michellin 800 number had no idea where to locate the tires I wanted. Called back again & got the same answer. Can' t imagine a mfc not knowing where there inventory is. Very troubling. My next tire will be something else.
GreatDane37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just ordered 6 23580r22.5's thru the FMCA and was quoted $2800 out the door. I have a trip to the Grand Canyon Caverns in the middle of the desert next week. At least I will have peace of mind. I decided to keep on as a spare. Now to find room for it!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
FMCA/Michelin Tire Program

Here is how the program works.

Call Michelin directly to register your credit card with them. You will also supply FMCA Membership number and expiration date. They will also find the Michelin NATIONAL account dealer in your area. Go to the FMCA website and then to the Michelin Advantage Program section where you will find a "Bill To" number. Then contact the local Michelin National Account tire shop and give them your information. FMCA # w/Exp date, size and number of tires you will need. They will ask for the first, and last four numbers ONLY of your credit card. They will then order the tires fresh and direct from Michelin.

When installed, you will pay the dealer for the installation only. Michelin will bill your credit card directly. I paid $2939.04 for six 235/80R22.5 XRV's mounted and balanced.

Great program! Takes the guesswork out of the effort.

Thank you FMCA!

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLanders View Post
I bought my 305 70R22.5's through the FMCA program - $586.03 per tire plus taxes & install labor. My biggest issue is getting the tires. I went from the north San Francisco area to Gillette, WY, via Reno & Saly Lake City. Dealers could not locate my tires until I talked to Les Schwab in SLC. They found 4 of the 6 tires I wanted. Michellin 800 number had no idea where to locate the tires I wanted. Called back again & got the same answer. Can' t imagine a mfc not knowing where there inventory is. Very troubling. My next tire will be something else.
The 305's are hard to find. When I got mine Superior Tire called Michelin and they knew exactly where there were some. Don't understand why they couldn't locate some for you.
The only other company that might have 305/70's is Continental. They listed them in their catalog but none had been produced, but that was a couple years ago too.
The 305/70 was produced to be used on car carriers that needed the capacity of the 290/80's but didn't have the clearance for that large a tire. This was from the Michelin press release when they first came out, at that time they were the only company making that size and still might be true.
Just checked, Continental does list it in an HSU1 model, but no idea if it's actually available.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Phelps Tires

doit2010,

With the FMCA/Michelin program, the tire dealer does not pay for them! They are billed directly to you by Michelin.

See my post elsewhere in this thread on how the program works. It seems as though you did not follow the instructions from FMCA on how to go about the ordering, installation and payment with this program. That could be the cause of your problem. If you called Michelin, they would have told you how to proceed. As a Michelin National Account Dealer, Phelps Tire should have known what to do and should have instructed you to contact Michelin first.

Sorry for your trouble. It was smooth sailing for me and I am very happy to be a member of FMCA and saved between $107 and $200 per tire based on the $469 & $550 I was quoted by other dealers.

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Smooth sailing for me also

I located the dealer with the tires however. They had just ordered them in a month before for a noshow so no issues about supply
I got a blank invoice initially and then she emailed me a complete invoice with all the correct FMCA prices

The 295/80 energy tires are on back order from michelin and not generally readily available
So I got lucky
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
delsobelman

I did follow directions and the dealer did order the tires, the problem was two fold though,
1. First off I did not allow enough lead time for getting new tires before I headed south,
2. The dealer told me the tires would be in on a certain day and when that day came the tires were not in yet and was told it would be another week or more before they would maybe arrive, I had plans to go south and could not wait for the tires to come.
doit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a similar problem. I was crossing the country and needed new tires. I called ahead to a dealer who was about a week down the road from me and he assured me the tires would be there on the following Wednesday. When I pulled off the road into his lot, he told me the warehouse had not put the tires on the truck for delivery that day. When he called to find out what had happened he got "oops" not even a sorry. Needless to say we continued down the road with both hands firmly gripping the wheel for about 750 miles waiting for something bad to happen. We got home from our 6 month trip safely and made arrangements with a local dealer to use the program and everything went well, except I would never go to his shop again. He relied on my jacks to lift the coach to change out the tires among other sloppy work practices.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote