Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #1

FMCA Michelin Tire Discount Help

I'm looking to put on some new Michelin tires and was told that if you are a member of FMCA you can get a good discount on tires. I asked my local Michelin tire dealer, refereed by Michelin, what the discount is on this plan. He didn't know anything about how it works. If I become a member do I buy and pay FMCA for the tires and just go to the dealer, or do you get some referral from FMCA. Do only some authorized dealers participate. Can someone inform me how it works and how good is it. Im in NY and need 295/80 22.5 which limits me to the XZA2 energy. Thanks
jmarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #2

Do a lot of price shopping. My local truck tire dealer didn't participate but had MUCH better prices and service than I could get with the "discount" anyplace else. Just be a smart shopper.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My savings was SUBSTANTIAL! Here's a link to instructions... I think there is also a link within the page that takes you to specific tire prices. We have the same size and I got the same tires you're looking at. In my opinion, you can't do any better.

Tire Connection - Michelin Advantage Program
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The dealer yhou are trying to work with HAS to have a National Account. If he is set up for a National Michelin Account there should not be any problem. You go in, get the tires and he submits to National Michelin. They invoice you. As stated, you can sometimes get a better deal from the dealer - you just never know.

Follow the instructions on the FMCA web site.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The National Account discount was setup by FMCA for its members. It is merely one of many benefits of membership yet it can save you enough to pay for your membership several times over. The Family Motor Coach Magazine is worth the membership price and the rallies are really superb. so yes, join FMCA and see how it all works. I got tires for the coach I just traded through the program. I went to my Goodyear dealer with the price and asked him to get close and I would buy from him. He said go with the Michelins, he couldn't even get close to the price.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
$638.50 each!
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
My Michelin dealer didn't know either. I just explained what I knew and in turn he gathered all the info to do the deal. I don't remember the exact savings, but it was a considerable savings! My opinion it's worth checking out.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Members do have to call the number provided and set up an account first. My savings was about $150.00 per tire.

Jerry
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just looked at the price posted on the FMCA page quoted at

http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455

And the price quoted is $352.08 for 245/70R19.5, and I would guess that is plus mounting, balancing, and new stems. Can anyone confirm that price on the west coast? I am in Seattle and Costco quoted me $362.99 per tire and I have to take them to get mounted, Costco cannot / will not do it for you.

CAN ANYONE DO BETTER FOR ME?
doit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doit2010 View Post
I just looked at the price posted on the FMCA page quoted at

http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455

And the price quoted is $352.08 for 245/70R19.5, and I would guess that is plus mounting, balancing, and new stems. Can anyone confirm that price on the west coast? I am in Seattle and Costco quoted me $362.99 per tire and I have to take them to get mounted, Costco cannot / will not do it for you.

CAN ANYONE DO BETTER FOR ME?
I don't know where to beat the price but I found when I was shopping last year that Costco had the best price I could find at the time including FMCA. I bought six 235/80-22.5 Michelins XRV. Costco has an annual Michelin sale you may want to find out when it is, they offered another $75.00 off for four tires.

With 19.5's Les Schwab can do the install they did mine but they may not spin balance so you will need to decided how you want the balance done.

From the looks prices have gone up a lot in the past year.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #11

I just had 6 of my 8 tires replaced through FMCA. Had them done at Superior Tire. They were very familiar with the FMCA program as they do about one per day! For my 315/80R22.5 XZ A 2 the price was $586 (plus FET). This compares to $701 I paid for the two I bought a Les Schwab two years ago - which was the best price I could find then. Labor was a bit more at Superior Tire than at Schwab, but the savings was still significant.

The way the program works is contact the dealer and make sure they get the tires in for your appointment. You contact FMCA and give them your credit card info.

You pay the tire dealer for the labor (mounting, balance, rebuild the valve etc.)

They invoice FMCA (while you are there). FMCA sends you the receipt in a few days.

Worked like a charm for me.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I did purchase my Michelin tires from Phelps Tires in Renton WA. He has to order them in from another state and made me pay for them with the FMCA program in advance because of others who ordered tires and then never returned to get them. Will pay for the install when the work is done. At $352.08 (plus FET) that is the best price I could get. Also in checking with other dealers about installing NEW tires many were very reluctant to do so, I did not need to chance either paying a high price, one dealer quoted me over a $100 a tire, to get them installed or not finding anyone do it. The best choice was using a National Account Michelin dealer. Now I hope the install goes well when the tires come in.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Humm,I just have to figger out how to do mine as I usually just go to Les Schwab and charge them to my account and don't use a credit card for tires,etc.I do keep a running account there as with 4 vehicles and the MH, I'm usually getting something done.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doit2010 View Post
Well I did purchase my Michelin tires from Phelps Tires in Renton WA. He has to order them in from another state and made me pay for them with the FMCA program in advance because of others who ordered tires and then never returned to get them. Will pay for the install when the work is done. At $352.08 (plus FET) that is the best price I could get. Also in checking with other dealers about installing NEW tires many were very reluctant to do so, I did not need to chance either paying a high price, one dealer quoted me over a $100 a tire, to get them installed or not finding anyone do it. The best choice was using a National Account Michelin dealer. Now I hope the install goes well when the tires come in.
Well for get Phelps Tires in the Seattle area, after jerking me around and charging me first, yes charging me before tires even came in and assured me that he would have them by today Friday 10/19 he calls today and say oh so sorry but can’t get the tires till at least end 1st week in November or maybe end into 2nd week. To late going south not later than the October 29th, 2012. DO NOT USE PHELPS TIRES. I ended up going with Toyo tires from Les Schwab, about $350 more out the door, but at least I got the tires and now I hope the Toyo tire is as good as some have said and so sad the Michelin Tire Co. can seem to keep tire in stock.