RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Foggy Window repair experience / recommendations

I need to get some foggy windows repaired on my 15 Ventana. I've done a bit of research and have a few companies on my list of possibilities.

I'm looking for input regarding your experience with these or any other companies.

-RV Glass Solutions Coach Glass: Laminated Glass vs insulated. Good news no future foggy window issue. Down side, loss of insulating properties, and multiple trips to their shop 3-4 weeks apart because they don't have a pattern for my window.

- Suncoast Designers: Insulated Glass, Lifetime Warranty (for present coach owner), Down side, May take 7-10 days if the required glass is not in their inventory.

- Daren Thomas Glass: Insulated Glass (based on phone conversation), Lifetime warranty, cut glass as required on site. Down side?? may cost a bit more.

All appear to have:
- facilities with hook ups to accommodate overnight stays if needed (with appointment of course)
- locations in Florida which is likely where I would have the work done although my S&B is in Texas so travel to another location near me could also work.
- working time estimate of 1-2 days more windows would be more time but they all seem to be in the same ballpark.

Thanks in advance,
Someday Came is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
RV Fog Doctor in Searcy, Arkansas did an excellent job on ours.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #3

We have an appointment with Suncoast Designers in November and they told us the same 7 to 10 day time frame if they are unable to remove the mineral buildup on the current window. They did tell us the need to replace is a rare event.
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had half of ours done at Suncoast. Outstanding quality and workmanship. I highly recommend them. We had one pane that had to be replaced but we had left the coach there while we vacationed in Naples. They got the replacement pane in about 5 days IIRC. I'll be returning to have the remainder done this winter. You can camp there while they do the work. Windows removed in the morning and all but the one was reinstalled that afternoon.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
ptl

I just had 2 windows replaced in May at Suncoast. They did a good job and I was only there 1 night. The first day they removed the windows and the next they installed them and I was on my way. Everything went smooth and they did have to replace 1 window but they had it in stock.
ptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #6

RV Fog Doctor repaired 3 of ours 4 years ago. Great job. Getting ready to go back and have 2 different ones done.
Sprint Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdracr39 View Post
RV Fog Doctor in Searcy, Arkansas did an excellent job on ours.
x2 they did a fantastic job on my large drivers side window, fast turnaround and clean lounge to wait. super friendly folks
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #8

Suncoast in May 2020. Dual pane, ALL replaced. 4 days.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #9

I had two windows repaired at Professional RV in Colleyville,Tx.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #10

We were at Suncoast a couple weeks ago. Had one window that needed repair. We arrived in the early afternoon, they removed the window, covered the opening, and at about 09:00 the next morning they came to install the repaired window. Excellent results and very professional work and people.
There were several other newmars having windows replaced while we were there.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:16 PM   #11

I had all my windows replaced with laminated glass at RV Glass solutions could not be happier i can see clearly now,as for as insulation value i see no differance maybe some one else will.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:40 PM   #12

I had eight windows (including my 3 pane driver window) taken care of in Searcy, AR at the Fog doctor. They started at 8am and we were out of there by 4:30 pm. Great people, great service. I love being able to see out my windows now.
They really have this window fog thing down to an art.
We came in the evening before our appt and they have full hook ups at their shop.
$200 per two pane window
$300 for the driver three pane
They also installed new entry door hinges for me that I had.
We had our toad so went checking out the antique shops but they have a nice lounge.
Good luck
Old 09-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OP here. Thanks to all for your input. Looks like RV Fog DR. has done a good bit of work. My only hesitation with them is a 1 yr warranty. For those that have used RV Fog Dr. how long ago was the work done? Trying to figure out what the life expectancy might be for windows they repair.

Thaons
Someday Came is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:22 PM   #14

Thats why i chose the laminated glass lifetime warranty aginst fogging didn't want to do it again.

Tags
air, repair, wind, window