Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #15

I just got off the horn with Bobby @ autoglassboss.com and he told me they will be opening up a shop in Temecula CA this year that will also fix foggy glass.
He told me they have mobile guys in So Cal every other week doing a circuit from Riverside county to LA then down to San Diego and back thru Yuma. Currently its $120 a section to clean and repair when not at a show. $180 if they need to cut new glass due to etching or something else.

-Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #16

I can’t find anyone in Mass are service mine. Anyone know of a vendor in New England area ?
ray999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #17

Me too

I am also looking for a place within a decent range of the Phila. area. I heard that the place in Hudson Fla does great work but they are a 1000 miles away from me. Anyone know of any closer to Philly Pa.?
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det57 View Post
I am also looking for a place within a decent range of the Phila. area. I heard that the place in Hudson Fla does great work but they are a 1000 miles away from me. Anyone know of any closer to Philly Pa.?

If you find someone let me know I’m an hour east of you. I think mine might be etched to heavily to repair though.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:52 PM   #19

Sounds like a great price to me. I paid Alliance in Wildwood about $700 for the large driver side window - they used an outside contractor. The planned 3 day job actually took 2 weeks and 18 months later, it’s fogging again.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I paid $225 per window last year, gotta find the $90 or $120 guy!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I paid $225 per window last year, gotta find the $90 or $120 guy!

In Arkansas there is RV FOG DR. window restoration, he is located in Searcy, Arkansas ; ph 501-203-0404
He charges about $200-250 per window.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
It will be interesting to hear if they fog up just a bit down the road then. Hopefully they had equipment to at least pull a vacuum prior to sealing them back up.. or it was an extremely dry day in AZ!

I just replaced one whole window unit, that was a costly endeavor. Just shipping on the unit cost double what I am seeing here. But I might just practice fixing the old one now that its out as i see how I can get the glass out. I have another window I want done, but its no where as bad as the unit I had just replaced.

I called a place that was in Quartzite this year on the other side of the freeway from the tent and they quoted me $300 per window. I think they were from the Parker area. $90 per seems pretty reasonable.

-Bill

I recently sold my coach and there weren’t any problems with the windows. Someone is going to get a nice coach. I found my bill and I paid $900 for 6 windows including the elusive long one next to the steering wheel.
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #23

They can be DIY if you are even a bit handy, but at $90 I would let them do it. I have done all the windows in my unit using super spacer that can be purchased online. The spacer has desiccant built in so no vacuum needed, sealed with their product which is a urethane sealant. No problems 3 years later and traveling from Canada to Arizona in January. Badly etched glass had to be replaced at about $130 a piece locally as it has to be tempered.
sandwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:37 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Eddie is fantastic! His partner was Jesus and they were an awesome duo. They did all of ours (except bedroom) last year at Perry. They corrected mistakes that Suncoast made.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det57 View Post
I haven't use these guys yet, but I sent them photos and am awaiting a quote. There are in Greensboro, North Carolina.

http://www.rvglassrepairservices.com/
Old 01-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreen1069 View Post
I haven't use these guys yet, but I sent them photos and am awaiting a quote. There are in Greensboro, North Carolina.

http://www.rvglassrepairservices.com/

I stopped by this location to check them out as well. From what I understood, they were doing glass replacements versus glass cleaning. That being said their prices will be higher than what I paid to have mine cleaned and reinstalled. They have many templates for several coaches and can make windows relatively quickly. Also they have electric connections so you can stay onsite while they make your windows.
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longweekends View Post
I stopped by this location to check them out as well. From what I understood, they were doing glass replacements versus glass cleaning. That being said their prices will be higher than what I paid to have mine cleaned and reinstalled. They have many templates for several coaches and can make windows relatively quickly. Also they have electric connections so you can stay onsite while they make your windows.
If they are replacing vs cleaning the glass, the quote I just received makes more sense. They want $3918 for six window frames (which have 13 glass pieces). It was quite a bit higher than I was expecting. I'd rather drive to Florida and have my glass cleaned for substantially less.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #28

We just had 9 windows done at Rv Glass Solutions in Lakeland Fl.
I elected to have laminated glass installed that have life time warranty. Amazing to be able to actually see out now. I was leary of resealing the old ones when most only warranty 2 years and none are near our home. I couldn't find a $100 repair man ., If they had a clean room to R&R in instead of in the desert dust i might have tried repairing. Good luck to all other dualpane owners an unexpected expense for us as none were fogged on purchase 2 years ago.
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair, window