Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
For those of you with Magne Shades on your side windows...

Are you still able to open these windows? I know that some of the magnets get attached to the outside of the window and I was wondering if there was any interference.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We have the MagneShades on the windshield and front two side windows. The two side windows have magnets on the outside and we can open the drivers window (with the magnashade off) with the exception of the last 5 or 6 inches due to a magnet interfering with the window travel.

I don't consider it a problem at all as it opens about a foot or more before the magnet becomes a problem and we really enjoy the ease of the Magnashade install and removal.

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
yes - you can open the drivers side window if you want. I have never tried to open the passenger window with the magnashade on it, but I guess you can. Guess it depends on what kind of windows you have. We have frameless ones that just go out from the bottom. But, magnashades are only made for the front windshield and the driver/passenger and door windows.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
If you give Roger the dimensions, he'll make you a shade for any window. He made me one for two parallel windows that were four feet long and 15" wide. One shade covered everything. Magnets were on the windows, which made raising them difficult, although I did raise them a little and put a piece of wood underneath.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRPA View Post
We have the MagneShades on the windshield and front two side windows. The two side windows have magnets on the outside and we can open the drivers window (with the magnashade off) with the exception of the last 5 or 6 inches due to a magnet interfering with the window travel.

I don't consider it a problem at all as it opens about a foot or more before the magnet becomes a problem and we really enjoy the ease of the Magnashade install and removal.
Thanks. I'm guessing we have similar (If not the same) windows. I've made the patterns for the side windows but when I started tracing them it got me thinking what kind of interference I might have and I guess not being able to open the front side windows is not really a problem since I have so many other windows.

As it is now, During the summer I like to open the windows and turn on the fantastic fans when the early morning temps are cool so I'll just have to pick another window!

Cat320 - yes everyone at MS has been great to work with.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window