Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #1

Ford Chassis

I have a 2003 Pace Arrow Ford Chassis and I'm getting a front end click or clunk I had the same thing with a class C with the ford chassis.
I'm sure other people has had this and if so do you know what it is and how to correct it.
Thanks
new
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to hear about your concern.

If you don't get a good response under this forum, try the Ford Owner's forum above,
Old 10-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #3

Rexhall Owners Group
newf: does it only happen when you are plugged in to shore power? Does it sound like it is coming from the firewall area ? I have had that too.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
If your talking about this noise, while turning slowly, this might be normal. Ford had a TSB on some early F53 models that added whats called a "Z" bracket to the torsion bar links. Mine has these "Z" brackets, but still makes some popping sounds when turning.

If your a DIYer,

Consider doing the CHF if you haven't done so already.

Get a grease gun and climb under the front end. There are 9 points that need to be greased.

Look carefully at the links that connect the torsion bar to the frame, make sure these are tight and the bushings are ok. This is where the "Z" brackets were installed (personally, I don't think the "Z" brackets do anything to help distribute loads..

Look at the torsion bar bushings, make sure the bolts are tight and the bushings ok.

Look at the leef spring s and bushing, make sure there are no loose or broken leafs and the bushings should be ok.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #5

make sure your shocks are tight also..
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, ford