Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2014, 10:46 AM   #1

found -a gem???

hello -with all my looking for a older MH came across a 2000 33ft sun voyager that's been sitting out in the open for a few yrs ??? maybe 6-8, has 8000.miles on it ,1 slide out only, and all the sun shades are down ,tires are dry rotted as I guess are the hoses and belts ,trying to get more info but wow 8000 miles
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Low miles aren't always a good thing! I would rather buy it with 75,000 miles if it never sat longer than 6 months at a stretch unused. What's the history on it? Did the owner go drive it 30 miles every few months and excercise the generator, or just let it sit and rot ?
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2 View Post
hello -with all my looking for a older MH came across a 2000 33ft sun voyager that's been sitting out in the open for a few yrs ??? maybe 6-8, has 8000.miles on it ,1 slide out only, and all the sun shades are down ,tires are dry rotted as I guess are the hoses and belts ,trying to get more info but wow 8000 miles
You'll find a lot of lot rot on that one and should be able to get it for a much better price than a high mileage unit.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I would have a mechanic look at it first. Letting an engine set that much can cause lots of problems. And then again you might just luck out.
holdren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #5

I bought a 94 Bounder that had been sitting for 8 years. The guy that owned it went out and started it and ran the generator every now and then. I had the same worries about rot, so I had a mechanic check it out before I bought it. He said the engine looked brand new and no apparent rot. I got new tires, changed the oil and tranny fluid, flushed the cooling system and haven't had a problem in over a year. I think I lucked out. It could have had major problems after sitting that long. Factor that into your offer price.
summers42 is offline   Reply With Quote