Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #1

Fridge Removal

I have a residential fridge in my Motorhome that sits on an elevated cabinet. I recently discovered some pink antifreeze leaked on the inside of the fridge. It looks like I need to remove the fridge to get to the water lines on the back side to make repairs. Anyone have any suggestions of removing the fridge form the cabinet. It is elevated about 12" above the floor.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Go outside and look in the refrigerator access panels, they are easy to remove. See if there is any attaching bolts holding it in place.
Take a picture and upload it here so we can see what you've got to work with.
Nomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #3

My buddy has a motorcycle jack and was kind enough to lend it to me when I needed to removed the refrigerator. We simply raised it to just about refrigerator height, slid the refer out of the cabinet and on to the jack, then wheeled it out of the way and lowered it for stability. When it was time to replace, jacked it back up, rolled into place and slid back in cabinet. Northern Tool has them for $89
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motorcycle jack.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	151439  
Fugitive861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What make of fridge is it? Doubt there would be much value removing the fridge - if the fluid was inside, you should be able to start by removing the condenser cover at the inside rear and start checking from there. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Community Moderator

i recently removed our rv fridge and installed a new rr. our rr is sitting on an elevated cabinet about 1 ft above the floor too. based on your description, i wonder if you have an access door from outside. if so, most likely you can work things out from outside without moving the fridge. on mine, it's doable. however, if you really need to pull it, make a workbench/platform at the same level as the cabinet floor at (at the time, i found a used table pretty ugly for $5 on craigslist and i cut the legs shorter to make it in perfect height). look for the fastening screws/bolts from rear, front sides and top edges. once you loose up the screws/bolts, the rest should be easy.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #6

Probably the ice maker water line leaking?
Old 02-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #7

Fridge Removal

It is a GE side by side and there are no access panels on the outside of the coach. Yes I can see where the leak came from and I believe it is the water for ice maker. I looked on line and the part is only $25.00 but you have to have access to the rear to disconnect the water lines. The motorcycle jack is a good possibility, maybe I can rent one.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
When I had to remove mine I purchased the follow from Harbor Freight. I then
made a platform to sit on top of it. The top of the platform was the same height as the bottom of the refrigerator. Then all I had to do was slide the refrigerator out onto the platform and roll it out of the way.

30 In x 18 In 1000 lb. Capacity Polypropylene Dolly
Haul-Master® - Item#61167
Save your back with this smooth rolling mover's dolly
Only: $18.99
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, removal