RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

Front Furnace whine on 2000 Tiffin Allegro Bus M37 300hp Cat

I have a front furnace whine on my 2000 Tiffin Allegro Bus m37 300 hp cat.

Sometimes I can go outside and hit the side of the bus and it will stop but it only quits for a short time...

I am having a horrible time figuring out how to access it. Inside the bus there is an oversized vent that I can remove but it only gives a little view of one side of the furnace. The floor has been replaced with wood flooring. Underneath it appears to be in a welded box. In the front, on the side of the bus, there is no access handle to open the bay....

I would love to get access, clean everything up, determine the cause of the whine and fix it....

I am very new to this world and want to learn all I can by dealing with issues as they arise, not afraid of hard work but I need access...

Can anyone offer any help??

Also, I would be glad to add pictures to show you but I do not know how to add pictures on this forum...
PastorB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #2

Are you working from a laptop/desktop or an iPad ?

I believe there are differences in posting methods .

Any how , posting photos is discussed in this link.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Took me about three weeks to get on to posting, so don't give up .

A few things I've found ,
1. Resize photos , some formats will be over the forums posting limit . 640 pixels works for me .
2. When you have the attachment drop box open and have selected your photo , after clicking the download button WAIT until the box comes up saying " download complete. If you close the attachment box too soon the photo is lost in cyber space.

If you have your furnace info , make and model , please add that info to your post .
Old 10-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #3

Maybe my simplest question would be.....

How do you remove the outside door that covers the furnace?

It has no latch....

How is it attached??

I think I can get to furnace if I can get that door off...
Old 10-26-2020, 10:19 PM   #4

OK , PastorB sent me the picture of his coach , and we need info from someone who has removed the front furnace from a coach like , his 2000 Allegro Bus.

My thought is that the front wall of the next compartment has to come out to get to the furnace and after removing the outside ( intake/exhaust grill ) the furnace can be removed .

Red box in this photo , yellow box is his rear and identical to mine so we know how to remove it.
Any help out there ?
PastorB says he's sending a closer photo and I'll post that soon .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chucks motor home.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	306105  
Old 10-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
I do not know how to access it on your coach. Mine was doing the same thing. I took off the outer cover and replaced the blower motor. Ours has both the circulating blower and the combustion air blower on the same shaft. Much quieter now.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
OK , PastorB sent me the picture of his coach , and we need info from someone who has removed the front furnace from a coach like , his 2000 Allegro Bus.

My thought is that the front wall of the next compartment has to come out to get to the furnace and after removing the outside ( intake/exhaust grill ) the furnace can be removed .

Red box in this photo , yellow box is his rear and identical to mine so we know how to remove it.
Any help out there ?
PastorB says he's sending a closer photo and I'll post that soon .
I opened the bay next to it and it looks factory carpeted throughout and it is in very good condition, it's never been removed.

Thank you for posting the picture and helping me. I will call the previous owner and see if he knows how to access it. Thanks again..

Tags
ace, allegro, allegro bus, cat, furnace, tiffin