Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #1

Front wheel seal

I have a 2008 Holiday Rambler Imperial and the front right wheel seal is leaking, how do I find out where to get a replacement. Does anyone know the part number?

Thanks
LenI is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Will you replace yourself? There is a name tag on the axle itself with the model number, you could get the number and do a google search and find a schematic.

If you are going to have it replaced any good size truck shop should be able to come up with a seal.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #3

You're bearings could be failing as well
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It's not a DIY job unless you have some mechanical experience and the tools needed (like torque wrench that goes up to 300 lbs, and socket for bearing nut). So you need the knowledge/ability to adjust the wheel bearings - if your okay with...

The Axle part number will not help (well maybe a little) it's the "Wheel End" that houses the bearings and brake assembly, which is the part number you want to identify the bearings and seals used.

Also, the seal has the part number on it.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
There is still a Monaco parts counter in operation under the REV Group (Fleetwood parent company). Give them a call, they have all the old records and may have the part number. If I recall, the seal is a pretty standard truck part number. Obviously, once it's out, it can matched.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #6

If it's FL chassis the schedule maint. is 60 mos or 60K miles for axle seals and lube replacement.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:32 PM   #7

I had to pull my wheel hub and get the number off the existing seal. Local truck parts store had to order one. Took two days. I was able to replace my own, but had to buy a dial indicator and magnetic base to set the bearing clearance. FYI: The wheels, brake calipers and hubs on these things are HEAVY! I was able to lower and raise the hub with my floor jack but one small slip and you could smash fingers or toes. Depending on how long they've leaked you may have to replace your brake pads too if they've been soaked in oil. Mine just started leaking so I cleaned everything with brake cleaner.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:28 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
It's not a DIY job unless you have some mechanical experience and the tools needed (like torque wrench that goes up to 300 lbs, and socket for bearing nut). So you need the knowledge/ability to adjust the wheel bearings - if your okay with...

The Axle part number will not help (well maybe a little) it's the "Wheel End" that houses the bearings and brake assembly, which is the part number you want to identify the bearings and seals used.

Also, the seal has the part number on it.
This was my exact experience when I replaced ours except I only need a torque wrench that went up to 250 pounds. I had to order the seals by getting the parts numbers off them.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal