Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2022, 02:26 PM   #43

You found Waldo ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
I know I am way late and someone probably did this for you. I put Cablemaster in Google. Guess what I found.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbfoster01 View Post
Mine occasionally gets twisted and is hard to retract. I have found that if I extend the cord all the way out on a hot day, let it sit in the sun for a couple hours to get warm and then retract it will work great for a period of time until it gets a bit twisted again. Might help
May have missed that this has been covered already... In addition th ell extension, see if you can see a line, or line of lettering, on the cable. starting near the coach, walk the cord and straighten the line or letting into a line, as you walk toward the male plug end.

About three to four time a year, I do the KBFoster full extension, and then also untwist the cord.

And yes to the cleaning rag while going in. And yes to an every two year Simple Green (Or cleaner of your choice!) soaked rag, and a good cleaning of the cord while extended too. The better the more grip the cord can get, the better.

And I called the company with out new to us Magna, and they bought a longer replacement cord. (Our's fully extended was 8-9' shorter then out Allure's had been.). On our coach, the bucket is inside of a wooden box sitting up on the floor in the corner of the closet. Premier RV Service's Tech Juan, along with Jim Cooley, and myself too... Looked under the opening where the bucket was mounted, and found a nice large opening rectangular boxed in area. Juan inserted 45 degreed angled pieces of wood for the four corners (Where the sides of this box connected.), and also two pieces of 1" square tubing mounted over the top of this 'boxed' in area below. Removed the motor and wheels assembly from the 'bucket', and mounted this to the 1" square tubing. Much larger storage area inside this box, and the 45' (And if I'd known we were going to do the removal of the bucket, I would have gone with 50'!) cord, is having no problems going inside this new storage compartment. And for grins, we went ahead and replace the motor with a new unit at the same time, and the removed one is now in my 'in case I need it' spares.

This worked well for this specific coach, because it did have that boxed in larger area below where the bucket had been mounted in the closet. Of course different manufactures, and or even models within a manufacturer line - have different ways of mounting these cord bucket assemblies!

I no longer carry the extra 25' 50A 'Snake!' Extension Cord!!!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:06 AM   #45

the RLC tension adjustment bolt with the spring. only tighten it until its starts to pull the unit needs to have slippage to prevent cord knotting.
MSabia74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, rust, shore power