Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #1

Fuel Fill Cap

I've posted this under National RV forums here also. While on vacation this summer I lost my diesel fuel fill cap for my 2002 Tradewinds and I'm having no luck finding a new one. It's the round chrome cap (looks just like a marine deck fill cap) with the two holes on top that serve as a key. Mine is 1 3/4" thread diameter where marine caps are 1 1/2". I've tried everywhere I can think of: marine websites, RV websites, Spartan chasis, all to no avail. Anybody have any suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #2

I understand west marine carries them.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgeezer View Post
I've posted this under National RV forums here also. While on vacation this summer I lost my diesel fuel fill cap for my 2002 Tradewinds and I'm having no luck finding a new one. It's the round chrome cap (looks just like a marine deck fill cap) with the two holes on top that serve as a key. Mine is 1 3/4" thread diameter where marine caps are 1 1/2". I've tried everywhere I can think of: marine websites, RV websites, Spartan chasis, all to no avail. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sorry I can't help with your question. You're probably not aware that it's against forum rules to post the same thing in two different areas. They may give you an infraction for this. You might want to delete one of them. Just a suggestion!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD5DBV ROY View Post
I understand west marine carries them.
I've tried West Marine and also Perko but none display the size I need. All I've seen are 1 1/2" or #5, whatever that is.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Sorry I can't help with your question. You're probably not aware that it's against forum rules to post the same thing in two different areas. They may give you an infraction for this. You might want to delete one of them. Just a suggestion!
Thanks for the advice...I was unaware.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #6

My 2003 Tradewind uses a 2" fill neck. I've never seen a 1 3/4". Tried a Perko from West Marine, didn't work for me. I have "gasoline" black replacement cap with the two holes for locking/unlocking with the plastic tool right now. The local RV repair facility says our fuel fill necks are from a company called "Seadog". Their website is www.sea-dog.com.

Rob
Old 09-20-2016, 06:28 AM   #7

It's probably 2". The threads appear to be about 1 3/4". Sea-dog has 1 1/2" hose, but says nothing about fill tube size. I guess I'll just have to replace the whole filler tube.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #8

Colaw Salvage in Joplin, MO
JumboJet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel