Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2015, 07:13 AM   #1

Full size fridge with inverter

I have an 07 tour master class a diesel and it has a full-size fridge with an invert it would has five battery
Does anyone know how long would The batteries last without charging running the full-size fridge
April131950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2015, 07:34 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Whats the draw of the fridge? Google the year, make and model of the fridge, and that will fill you in on it's current draw. Compare the amp hours of batteries. Knock off 25% from there.

Does the fridge have an ice maker? You would want to shut that off right away first. You would then turn it to so that it's just as cold as it needs to be, but no more.

My guess?? 1.5 days - 2 days.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by April131950 View Post
I have an 07 tour master class a diesel and it has a full-size fridge with an invert it would has five battery
Does anyone know how long would The batteries last without charging running the full-size fridge
April,
I'd kind-a hard to decipher part of your post. "It would has 5 battery"????

Now, not sure of what that means but, I can assume it might mean your coach has FIVE BATTERIES. And that would typically mean, it would have two starting batteries and three 12V Deep cycle ones. Or, I guess it could also mean you have FIVE HOUSE BATTERIES. You'll have to answer that one.

But, while I've not had the experience or pleasure to own and operate a residential fridge in an RV, I've read a few reports on just how people operate those. It seems the majority, if dry camping, will run the generator for approximately 2 hours in the morning for various activities, breakfast, coffee and, charging the batteries enough to sustain enough power for the inverter to carry the fridge through the day.

Now, with minimum intrusion into that fridge during the day, i.e. kids opening and closing it a few zillion times for cokes, snacks and what not, most residential fridges will be able to coast through the day without cycling too much so, the batteries will handle normal draw.

Now, they'll do the same procedure at night. That is, run the genny for around 2 hours for prepping for dinner and other chores and, again, charging up the batteries enough to handle the inverter/fridge duties though the night.

I've read a few that utilize that same kind of procedure. Of course, if you're tied into shore power, it's moot point. Good luck.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:30 AM   #4

I''ll check it out
Thanks
Old 05-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by April131950 View Post
I''ll check it out
Thanks
You didn't answer the question "It would has 5 battery", what does that mean?
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #6

This unit has five batteries that work with the inverter for the refrigerator and microwave
Station has two batteries for the coach into batteries for the engine

Tags
fridge, inverter