Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Fumoto Valve

Looking to put a Fumoto valve on a 2015 Forza ISB6.7, I issue I have is one plug is in the bottom of the pan and the other is in the side they are 2 different sizes, Is it safe to put it on on the bottom of the pan or is it going to get hit and ripped out? If I put it only on the side it will drain 90% of the oil but I would still have to drain the rest in the pan and I am trying to avoid have to use a pan. I had one one my F250 and loved it, hooked a tube to it and drained straight into the jug. I would really like to know others experience with this? Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj6599 View Post
Looking to put a Fumoto valve on a 2015 Forza ISB6.7, I issue I have is one plug is in the bottom of the pan and the other is in the side they are 2 different sizes, Is it safe to put it on on the bottom of the pan or is it going to get hit and ripped out? If I put it only on the side it will drain 90% of the oil but I would still have to drain the rest in the pan and I am trying to avoid have to use a pan. I had one one my F250 and loved it, hooked a tube to it and drained straight into the jug. I would really like to know others experience with this? Thanks
I'm GUESSING the one in the side is a port for a temp probe. How high off the ground is the bottom of the oil pan? Anything in front of pan that could protect from road debris, like a slab of tire tread?
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We used the Femco compact drain plug. It is a newer design than Fumoto and doesn't stick out nearly as far.
https://www.femco.com/compact-plug/
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Cummins puts the double pan drains on the ISL also. You have to use the lower one. I've run the Fumoto on three different diesel pushers for a total of a 130K miles and never an issue with the Fumoto valve, or anything hitting it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:39 PM   #5

Have the Fumto drain plug on our ISB in a Holiday Rambler 37 ft. No problems would not be without
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #6

You must mean at the bottom of the side of pan. I never saw a plug in the bottom. I have had 2 rv's with the Fumoto Valve on the lover side outlet. No issues at all.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
We used the Femco compact drain plug. It is a newer design than Fumoto and doesn't stick out nearly as far.
https://www.femco.com/compact-plug/
It looks very interesting but apparently they do not make one for the Ford F-53 gas motorhome chassis, the 6.8L V10 Triton engine. Oh, well.

Ray
Old 05-03-2021, 08:00 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
It looks very interesting but apparently they do not make one for the Ford F-53 gas motorhome chassis, the 6.8L V10 Triton engine. Oh, well.
You better check again, we have one on our coach.

Fomoto part #F106N
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have the two plugs on my pan and they are diffrence sizes.

I have seen them before on diesel engines starting back in the 70's. For some reason Iwas left with the impression that it's so you can drain the oil using a smaller pan? I thing on my engine its at 12-14 qts on the higher plug. I drain with that plug, then empty the pan and come back and get the lower.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:53 PM   #10
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
You better check again, we have one on our coach.

Fomoto part #F106N

I was responding to the post about the Femco, not the Fumoto.

Ray
Old 05-03-2021, 10:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I was responding to the post about the Femco, not the Fumoto.

Ray
They have several that will fit when I looked earlier...

You are looking for a valve with an M14-1.5 thread size, to fit the Ford V-10 oil pan..

That's the size of the plug threads in my 2014 F53 26K chassis, with V-10, oil pan...

If you want to confirm, look up the Fumoto valve that will fit your RV, on the Fumoto site. Once you find the correct valve (F106N for mine), check the thread size of that valve...

On my F53 26K chassis, there are no ground clearance issues.. In fact the valve is well above the front suspension/axle and well protected...

I've used Fumoto valves on two of my Ram Diesel trucks, and trust them... I'll be putting one on my RV at the next oil change...
Old 05-04-2021, 03:25 AM   #12

I installed Fumoto drains on my current and previous coach. No leaks or issues hitting road debris or obstructions. Did not like the locking clip on the Fumoto, easy to drop and lose track of. The Femco does not have a loose part.

I will probably try the Femco next time. They have many thread configurations available. Some leak issues reported on Amazon though.

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Femco-Compact...s%2C158&sr=8-3
Old 05-04-2021, 06:31 AM   #13
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattitude View Post
You are looking for a valve with an M14-1.5 thread size, to fit the Ford V-10 oil pan..

That's the size of the plug threads in my 2014 F53 26K chassis, with V-10, oil pan...

If you want to confirm, look up the Fumoto valve that will fit your RV, on the Fumoto site. Once you find the correct valve (F106N for mine), check the thread size of that valve...
Oh yeah, I guess that method would work, wouldn't it? I actually bought the F106N prior to my last oil change on my 2019 F-53 chassis but got cold feet prior to installing it. I think I prefer something with an old-fashioned screw-on cap and the Femco meets that quirk of mine.

I see T9, T10, and T14 so far. Is that the thread count? I can count the threads on the Fumoto I have if nothing else.

I'd read that the Fumoto seems to stick in further than the Ford drain plug. Do you know if that is accurate?

Sorry for the slight thread drift,

Ray

Ray
Old 05-04-2021, 06:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Cummins puts the double pan drains on the ISL also. You have to use the lower one. I've run the Fumoto on three different diesel pushers for a total of a 130K miles and never an issue with the Fumoto valve, or anything hitting it.
Could you please provide the part number for the Fumoto Valve that you used on your Cummins 450 ISL?

Thanks
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve