Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2019, 05:35 PM   #1

Furnace problems

My father passed away on x mass eve and I received his 1999 fleetwood bounder model h . It has a enverment control master energy controller. In it the furnace worked a month ago when he had it but now I get nothing. I know it is an automatic igniter system. But I can't even find ward it is located at. I It has had stove burns blue but no heat any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you
Up247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

We are sorry for your loss and will be happy to help you thru this. First question is does the fan come on at all? Do you know where your fuse box for the house is and have you checked your fuses?

Their also is a Fleetwood specific forum in the owners section and many of your questions can be answered there.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #3

Sorry for your loss, if furnace is propane have you checked propane tank level, and is it turned on. Good luck.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

So sorry about your dad!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #5

My Fleetwood Terra has the furnace on the right side just forward of the hot water heater. i have had issues with mine a few times that were a quick fix.

First (as was noted earlier) make sure the propane is turned on. Check to see if the stove will light (this makes sure your gas line is full of gas). Then, if you turn on the furnace and no fan comes on, check the fuse/breaker. (mine are under the fridge cabinet and easy to find) If the fuse looks OK, turn off the furnace and go outside and open the heater compartment (likely will take removing 4 screws). There should be a switch that you can see. Switch it off and on and make sure all the wires are connected that slide in and out of the connectors. (they may look connected, but can hove some corrosion in the connectors and pulling them apart and putting back together may help get the connection) Go back inside and turn on the furnace and see if it comes on. (by the way, make sure the temp is set as high as you can put it.)

9 times out of 10, with mine, it comes on at this point. I have had an issue with the circuit board on my unit (in the furnace) and it had to be replaced. Of course, it failed while camping in the snow at 25 degrees...

If your fan comes on and then goes off after about 2-3 minutes, your furnace isn't lighting and the issue is either your igniter not working, fuel not getting to the burner, circuit board in the heater or a combination of any of these. Again, a loose wire can also cause this (especially a ground wire)

By the way, the first time our heater didn't work, it was a loose wire connection in the thermostat. The second time it was the circuit board and has worked flawlessly since then except for one loose wire connection in the heater itself. When these rigs rattle down the road, some wires can come loose over time.
ClassAboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
...1999 fleetwood bounder model h . It has a enverment control master energy controller.
I've never heard of that brand and can find no info on it. Fleetwood coaches of those years came with Intellitec Electronic Climate Control, a combo thermostat and 30A energy manager for a/c and heat. The "control master" must be somethig your Dad added/ Can you tell us more about what this control master is supposed to do? And describe the furnace problem in more technical detail? Does fan run? Attempt to light? If no fan at all, have you checked the 12v fuse for the furnace?

You have an Atwood LP gas furnace and service manual is available for free online. One good source is Bryant Manuals
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #7

If the fan starts to run but only lasts a couple of minutes and you do not hear the ‘tick-tick’ of the electronic ignition trying to light it, it is more than likely a defective sail switch. Have replaced mine twice in my Bounder.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Something else to consider is if the propane tank valve was off or you are out of propane the furnace will attempt to ignite several time just like the water heater. If it fails to ignite after several attempts it will lock itself out and not attempt a retry, just like the water heater. The problem is with the water heater there is a light on the power switch that will light when the water heater is in a lock out state and you can rest by cycling the power by using the switch. With the furnace there is no light or switch. The only way to rest is to shut off power to the furnace by pulling the fuse or by disconnecting shore power AND disconnecting the house battery bank either with the disconnect switch or at the battery terminals.

Probably not the problem in this instance but something to keep in mind.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 PM   #9

May or may not help, but for the couple I have got to work, there was water below the control board which is accessed from the outside panel. Pop the board out and dry with a hair dryer or warm, re-install and it fired right up. The symptoms were trying to fire but no start-up. I think this is common in wet weather/cool weather talking to others. Hope this helps.
Brian
sandwip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem, problems