Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2021, 05:07 PM   #1

Fuse for 12 volts trailer power supply

Hello

My engine is a Commander 35 feet Triple E
workhorse 8.1 engine 2004.
Following an error in the connection of my trailer, the 12 volt power supply has cut off and I cannot find that it is the fuse to be replaced below the dashboard. If you have any idea the information would be very helpful. Under what name the fuse is identified.
Thank you

Mario
MARIOGAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIOGAG View Post
Hello

My engine is a Commander 35 feet Triple E
workhorse 8.1 engine 2004.
Following an error in the connection of my trailer, the 12 volt power supply has cut off and I cannot find that it is the fuse to be replaced below the dashboard. If you have any idea the information would be very helpful. Under what name the fuse is identified.
Thank you

Mario
Look for a separate fuse box under the hood. Most likely on the drivers side just above the front tire, just behind the battery. There is a diagram under the lid that shows which fuse is for which circuit. Pretty sure you will find what you are looking for there.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply
I checked under the hood and I couldn't find
the defective fuse.

I continue my research.

Thank you
Mario
Old 06-18-2021, 05:54 AM   #4

Mario, I am assuming you did find the fuse box. I would go to the plug next and check for a broken connection behind the connector. GM did a pretty good job with these a they are normally reliable. It should be hot all the time also, key on or off. Good luck with your search
Old 06-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #5

Thank you very much for the information.
With a 12 volt detector I checked all the fuses on the source side and the load side below the driver side dash and the engine side.

Something escapes me, it's gonna be a garage trouble
or it has a fusible on the line somewhere below the vr.
I continue my verification.

If you have the fuse and amperage identification name.I think 15 and up.
It could help me in a more precise research.

Mario
Old 06-19-2021, 05:24 AM   #6

I’m on the road today (Saturday) but should be home around noon. I’ll look when I get there and post what I find. There is a section in the fuse box under the hood that is everything for the trailer connector, left turn, right turn, running lights, etc.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:59 AM   #7

Thank you very much for your help
I do not see any information in my fuse holder
who could help me
I add 2 photos that could help you.

Thank you
Mario
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	332680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	332682  

Old 06-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #8

Sorry for getting back to you late. Traffic was terrible on I-95 yesterday and by the time we got home I forgot all about getting back to you.

If you look in the large fuses, there should be one marked Stud #1 (???), it should be a 40 amp fuse that controls the charging or hot going to the trailer. It is the pin in your 7 pin connector located at the 1 o'clock position as you look into the plug on the RV.

I cannot see the entire fuse box lid in your picture but there only seems to be one 40 amp fuse, but it is not in the #1 position. You may just have to check these first and see what is up.

Some GM vehicles did not come with this fuse installed, they had a blank installed by the factory. I would find that hard to believe on an RV, but anything is possible.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:35 AM   #9

More info: You are in the correct fuse box. Stud #1 does control the charge circuit for the trailer. Some do not have the 40 amp fuse in place from the trailer but yours does appear to have all fuses in place.

2nd place to check is the Chassis connector on the frame rail, passenger side, near the transmission. Rectangular block with bolt through the middle holding it together, make sure you are getting power to and through this connection.

3rd is the connector itself at the rear. As I posted before, the pin in the 1 o'clock location is the charge or hot pin.

If you do not have the chassis manual for your coach, they are available on line. I have a friend in Buffalo that has owned 5 of these coaches and he gave me this information. The connector on the frame rail is where all the Up fitters connect for taillights and body lights when they put body's on these chassis

There is another fuse box inside the cab, infront of the passenger's seat, below the air bag. I think you posted that you already found it, but it is for most accessory's inside the cab. You have to remove a plastic cover and unbolt two screws to access the fuse box.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #10

Thanks for your help dfuelman

I greatly appreciate your support and with your suggestions I have advanced in my research.
As the service centers are very expensive, I opted for a more practical solution that I am able to control.
My grounding didn't seem too good I made a better connection directly to the frame I'm sure it's good.
As my service batteries are 6 feet behind my motorhome I put a cable with a 20 amp fuse which should be enough to supply my outlet with 12 volts.

With all these modifications everything works correctly and
in addition I am able to control the source ..

If you have any comments on my solution, let me know.

Thank you very much with a $ 10 repair (cable, protective sleeve and fuse holder) and a lot of time I fixed my problem.

I found the electrical diagrams that I will analyze them and continue my research after my fishing trip.

Have a good day
Mario

Tags
12 volt, fuse, power, trailer