RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Fuse for Blinkers on 2001 Allegro Bus

Just got home from a short trip to Tyler Tx (Tyler State Park, neat place), and during the trip my husband noticed that when he would turn on a blinker there was no indication on the dash that the blinkers were working. When I stepped outside to verify if they were working, they were NOT! As an aside, the door handle and "porch" light were not working either.

We are trying to find out where the fuse panel for the 12V systems are located. Anyone else have the opportunity to find out if their fuse for the blinkers is located?

Thanks so much!!!

Carol
McKinney, TX
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #2

The chassis fuse boxes are loose on the frame when the Freightliner chassis is supplied to the coach manufacturer, they have about 5 feet of wiring harness that allows the coach builder flexibility for location , but they will be near the steering column ( within 5 feet) can be under the dash , below the drivers feet if there is a compartment there, or above the gen set; as mine are.
First picture is of the two chassis fuse boxes ( boxes have the numbers on them ) yellow circle is around the turn signal and 4 way flashers.
Second photo is the inside of the cover , showing fuse location for the signal lights.
I guess I should ask , are the 4 way flashers and brake lights working ?
Possible problems with the steering column wiring if they don't work too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006 (640x480).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	144156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0136.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	144157  

Old 11-13-2016, 06:29 AM   #3

On my 2008 Phaeton in front center of the dash are two drawers. My fuse box is mounted on the floor just below those drawers. Just pull them out and if yours is the same you can see the box. Pull the cover off and see a bunch of fuses. We were just in McKinney in October for my grandson's wedding at the Flour Mill. Really nice. Breakfast at the the place downtown.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you for the information. Got a chance to get to this yesterday. Took out the drawers and ..... fuse boxes mounted on the wall behind the drawers, not on the floor. Now what engineer designed this I would have words for!!!! Had to take off the whole drawer frame to get to the box!!! Now who would design this that someone would have to take the whole thing apart to change a simple fuse! Glad they figured it out and started mounting on the floor!

Not sure what the second fuse box does, but glad i didn't have to try and get to that one as the whole thing was covered with wrapped wires with no play in them so getting to that fuse box would have been a SUPER MAJOR issue.

Love this site for all the helpful information that is so freely and accurately given with pictures for reference for those of us that need to see in addition to reading instructions.

Now to find the fuse that works the outside handle and porch side light. Like what is it called on the fuse box cover?
McKinney, TX
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKTX View Post

Now to find the fuse that works the outside handle and porch side light. Like what is it called on the fuse box cover?
The fuse for the , outside light , wouldn't be in the box you've found so far.
The box with the signal flasher fuse , is part of the chassis wiring, the fuse for the porch light, would be installed by Tiffin, and mounted somewhere else.

BTW; I've found fuses in 10 different locations in my coach; 4 for chassis fuses and 6 for coach fuses; I have several pages of notes on locations, and not sure if I've found them all.
You may be looking for a fuse panel , similar to this picture for the front coach fuses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007 (480x640).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	144436  
Old 11-16-2016, 06:43 AM   #6

McKTex, on my 2002 bus they are located below the dash on both sides of steering column. As well in the left front outside compartment for some items.
Porch and step light may be below the Fridge, where there is a 110v and 12v section. For in house functions.

Tags
fuse