Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2021, 07:50 AM   #29

X2 for the Harbor Freight LED lights but here's another option if you have single bulb outlets in the ceiling: https://smile.amazon.com/LED-Garage-...&tag=cb-osp-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Harbor Freight sells a 4' LED hanging shop fixture rated at 5000 lumens. Regular price is $24.99 but they frequently sell it for $19.95. I have them in my shop and they do a great job!
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2021, 07:54 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
6000-6500K cool white light.
Color and color rendering are two different things. You can have a very white light that has poor rendering, which can make everything look grey, even though its very bright.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
X2 for the Harbor Freight LED lights but here's another option if you have single bulb outlets in the ceiling: https://smile.amazon.com/LED-Garage-...&tag=cb-osp-20

I actually bought some of these and installed in my auto garage. Mine had 5 panels and can be adjusted to put more light out radially. They give off lots of light. The ceiling height is ~11 ft.

Not sure what I'll do in my RV garage yet, still looking at ideas. 16' ceiling height but I did put quite a bit of few windows in and some up high on the south side to cast light across the top of the RV and lower ones on the N & E side. West side has the garage doors with window panes +6' high so with the coach air out I can sit on the couch and see outside.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:49 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
These daisy chain together and put off a lot of light.

I used 62 of these lights. All total they pull less than 12 AMPS.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:14 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
I put the LED strips in my 20X55 garage. They worked well when I painted the roof.
WOW! That's enough light for a paint booth.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:36 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I put six of these in my 20 x 50 garage with 16' ceiling. Plenty of light for polishing and cleaning. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-03-2021, 05:07 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
The OP wants “wall bar lighting around the sides and across the back”. Using the single strip bulbs I referenced is something he can do his self having just 3 switched outlets installed... each side and one in the back. In a wider shop I would run a set in the ceiling over the passenger side of where the MH sits.

As Dawgs confirmed ^^^^, these LEDs use very little power. For $210 he can have 12 X 8’ lights...110’ (8’+ 2’ connector) of wall/ceiling lights. This is enough to do his two 40’ sides and the 26’ back with one left over at half the price of one of his electrical company’s recommendation. They weigh nothing and snap into U clips...a DIY project that plugs into a outlet.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light