Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2015, 11:58 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Just got a Weber Q 1200. Used it twice, still learning its quirks. Got a smaller 10# bottle from Amazon and a 5' hose. Had the old square Weber years ago. Already like the Q much better. Looks to me like the gates are designed so the drippings pass around the burner. And best of all, is the wind resistance. The old square one, the wind would blow it out if the burner was not on max. The Q the burner is much longer and is an oval rather than a straight pipe....if the wind gets part of the flame for an instant, the rest doesn't blow out and re-ignites the section just blown out. Also the old square one with small disposable LP bottle would leak off after the first partial use. Driving me nuts.....get it out, set it up, and the bottle was empty. Looks like the connection system is much better designed now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2015, 05:30 AM   #58

If you don't mind the weight and size of the Q220 it's the best grill I've ever used.
The 100 series would be lighter, smaller and I imagine just as good.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:43 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the weber Q2200, love it. Cast iron grill grates with the griddle to replace 1/2 of grill when I want to do breakfast on it. Big enough to do beer can chicken. Small enough to easily store.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:53 AM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
We have had the Weber Q120 for about 7 years or so. I store it in a plastic bin in one of the storage compartments. Every spring I take it apart and wire brush the burner and pressure wash the case. I have a 5 lb propane bottle and it will last at minimum 1 season and usually 2 seasons. We love the way it cooks. I think the secret to the Q is that you have to heat the cast iron grate before you cook on it. The only thing I would like to add is the temperature thingy that the new ones come with. I also have the wheeled cart that they sell for it.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #61

Forest River Owners Club
Plumbing my Weber Q into auxiliary trailer line

We have had the baby Weber now into our 5th season and love it. Easy and light to store in the TT. Run it, along with our Coleman lantern and Cookstove off of a tree on a 20lb tank. Thinking of quick coupling into our external available LP line on the trailer this summer to eliminate the need to carry extra tanks ( space and weight). I see some posts that say I will need to remove the regulator from the Weber. Does anyone know if there black pipe lines on TTs are pre or post regulator installed.
Thx

Filterman
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:14 AM   #62

Last nights brisket in the Davey Crockett. Seven lb cooked 10 hours at 250* until internal temp was 200* then wrapped in foil for a hour. Cooked this one with the fat cap up.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #63

Weber install

Piping is low pressure beyond the regulator of the built in propane tank on motorhome so regulator needs to be removed from the Weber or it will never operate properly
Old 03-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #64

Alpine Owners Club
Weber Baby Q. It is ten years old now. All the parts are available from Weber, just a phone call away and customer service is fantastic! It is not a throw away grill. In ten years I have replaced the burner once, two regulators, and the cast iron grill once.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #65

Smoked maple salmon on the Davey Crockett

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:33 AM   #66

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Smoked maple salmon on the Davey Crockett

Yum. Great job on that Salmon.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:34 AM   #67

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Last nights brisket in the Davey Crockett. Seven lb cooked 10 hours at 250* until internal temp was 200* then wrapped in foil for a hour. Cooked this one with the fat cap up.

When is dinner?

Tags
gas