Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On the Magna we just bought Blue Sky wanted $3002 just for it, National General was at $4,400 for both cars and the MH and Miller Ins found basically the same policy for about $1500 less. Haven't checked Geico yet so we'll see what they say.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
We were Geico customers for 21 years. Saved $1200 a year for 2 cars and MH by switching to 21st Century, a subsidiary of Farmers. Same coverage.
nportner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Great point. When pressed Geico did offer the best rate just not the full replacement value. Rather depreciated value based on book. For less than five hundred dollars I found full replacement value with National interstate. Same deductible etc. I found its best to shop every year. Just my experience.

Well THAT is a huge difference. God forbid there is a total loss but if there were, I have not met anyone that can touch Blue Sky in this department. My total replacement value started at $175,000 (NADA Blue Book at that time) two years ago, and increases to $250,000 over five years.

That gives me peace of mind...

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:06 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just a note, I started with Blue Sky in year two of ownership and they were competitive. Fast forward to year 2013/2014 they raised the premium $900,00. Not! Shopped till I dropped ended up with National Interstate with the same premium as Last years Blue Sky. The full replacement value effects the premium. I'll lower the value by $50,000 this year and see if that lowers the dollar amount proportionally.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
X2 on GEICO. It's one thing to have premium rates and coverage that are acceptable, but it is also important to see how insurance companies perform when it is time to submit a claim. Over the past 10 years or so I have had 5 claims that were all "no fault" (so my premiums didn't go up) and their performance was wonderful. When we had cars damaged/destroyed by a tornado, or hit by other drivers, we never had any issues about GEICO trying to under pay the amount necessary to make the repairs/replacements.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #20

We also went to Geico for 2 cars and RV. Also home. Very happy with them. We have had one claim and it was very easy to work with them and no hassle!
Rascal2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
X2 on GEICO. It's one thing to have premium rates and coverage that are acceptable, but it is also important to see how insurance companies perform when it is time to submit a claim. Over the past 10 years or so I have had 5 claims that were all "no fault" (so my premiums didn't go up) and their performance was wonderful. When we had cars damaged/destroyed by a tornado, or hit by other drivers, we never had any issues about GEICO trying to under pay the amount necessary to make the repairs/replacements.

Good choice for an old motorhome that you are not concerned about replacement value in the case of a total loss . . .
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #22

GEICO 30+ years. Can I get insurance cheaper?? Probable. But man I can't believe I can beat their service. So far loyalty means a lot for us
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Had Blue Sky for two years,cost me $750.00.Its time to renew next month,got my statement,it went up to $1000.00,so i'v been shopping and getting quotes from everyone.It turns out I went with Geico.I got a better policy than what I had with Blue Sky,for the MH,jeep and pickup it was $1050.00.I've been with State Farm for 10 years and didn't realize how bad I was getting ripped until I was reading on here how everyone was saying you better check around,well it payed off big time,
Old 10-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #24

This past summer I ran into a little problem out in Wyoming, Hail. Called Geico told them what happened to get the claim started and told them I would call back when I returned home a month later, they said no problem. Called back and in two days the adjuster was at the house and looked at both the camper and the toad, $6000 damage for both, she asked where I would like to have them fixed and from that point she took care of the whole deal. Both were fixed within a week and two days. I have a $500 deductible and because the car was hooked to the camper at the time it covered both camper and car. I can't say enough good about this company and glad I made the change. Saved about $300 when I switched.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance