Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
georgetown gassers

i keep seeing statements about Gtown being the best sell gasser if that is true why are there so few posts about them ,not only here but other forums as well I lurk on the tiffen forums and they all brag/complain about their rigs,where they've been and where they are going other brands the same thing. are we just happy with our units or complacent .
I will start the conversation i love my gtown no major complaints
brianj
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #2

We just started rving. So far, we love our Gtown.
2007, 370 xl, 38'
rt newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #3

There's a Forest River owners' group forum with some GT postings. We're very pleased with our '02, which we bought from the original owners a year ago. Just a few minor problems, easily taken care of.

Sure, it rides like an 11-ton truck - after all it IS an 11-ton truck. We can live with it for 4000 miles a year, rather than spend a ton of money for suspension mods. Rather spend it on gas and CG fees!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #4

My husband and I have a 2008 four Winds Hurricane 33t and have been looking at the 2012 Georgetown 378, i've been looking for feedback also on the georgetown MH.
Skelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #5

Skelley:

I just did a rip-out of the overhead cabinets in the slide-out of our 02 325. We'd had a leak at the end of last season due to a rotted slide topper and a damaged wiper seal on the slide ceiling.

I was NOT impressed with the construction and installation of the cabinets. It looked like they had been built inside the MH from raw materials, rather than having been an installed sub-assembly. When I took them down, I discovered that the tie-downs to the ceiking were woodscrews into a piece of 1/8" lauan plywood that was glued to the styrofoam insulation. Of the 8 screws holding the cabinets up, only two of them actually unscrewed. The others were corroded and loose in the holes.

My rebuild attaches them to the three full-length longitudinal steel tubes in the ceiling. I'm amazed the originals didn't fall down on our heads.

I have an eerie feeling that i'm going to discover a lot of other questionable manufacturing techniques as the years go by. We're fairly happy with the overall appearance and condition, but there's always a concern about what other J .Michael Mouse contruction methods will give us problems from now on.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
We are new to RVing. We love our new Georgetown. Model 378. Just took delivery in Texas and drove back to St. Louis.
mspoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
We are happy with ours so far.
Time will tell.
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote