Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2023, 04:27 AM   #1

Smile Georgie Boy 1998 Pursuit 32, remodel

Need help, 1998 Georgie Boy Pursuit model 3350 repairs and remodel; need service manual. Fuse boxes have numbers on outside cover plate but I have no idea where they go? Windshield wipers don't work no power. Replaced motor and steering column switch only to test that no power to motor. Still have not found hot water tank? Two lighted switches inside near kitchen sink another near heater close to floor, go to ? heater ? hot water? I'm not sure of some of the switches on the left lower side of dash like battery disconnect, ... how it works.

Thanks from a newbie
joewizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2023, 07:42 AM   #2

You have embarked in a steep learning curve adventure! Buy an inexpensive multi meter from Harbor Freight and learn how to use it. Get two --they are inexpensive and all you need at this time. Use of a voltmeter would have prevented the diagnostic disappointments with the wipers. Get under your coach and get familiar with what you see there. Hot water heaters are always visible from outside of the coach. We have all been there!

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:10 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help too much but can give you a link that I have had in my files from years ago pertaining to someone who was renovating an older Georgie Boy Pursuit. I don't believe it's the same year or floor plan as yours but generally of the same vintage. He has a series of videos showing what he did so it may or may not help you with what you're facing.

I'm not sure if this person taking you through this renovation is a member of this forum or not. And I'm also not sure if his youtube feed is still active or if you can contact him through youtube at this time but you might be able to explore that too. If you can get in communication with him some how, you may be able to get a lot of your questions answered ...assuming nobody else on the forum who owns a Georgie Boy of that era doesn't chime in to help you out.

Here are the series of videos from "rvliving7" that I'll link below ...again, these were from over a decade ago:

Great Motorhome Remodel video 1

remodel 2

remodel 3

remodel 4

remodel 5

remodel 6

remodel 7

remodel 8

remodel 9

remodel 10

remodel 11

remodel 12

Motorhome remodel 13 the finished project 99..5%

tow car (his toad)

ah, I found the link to his intro page so I didn't have to link each video as you could have followed it from his youtube stream that he gives in the article below:

Motorhome Renovation of a Georgie Boy Pursuit Class A -- 4 July 2013 ...DoitYourselfRV

The "battery disconnect" switch is most likely what is referred to the "salesman switch" and that cuts the 12v power to the inside of the coach. It gets its nickname from when a sales person is showing the coach to a prospective buyer, as it's the switch they use to cut the 12 volt from inside the coach as they do not want the coach batteries to go completely dead if they forgot to turn something off when showing the features of the coach and it sits on the lot for an extended period of time until the next showing.

However, I've seen them typically located near the door because of that reason so I'm not sure if that is exactly what it is or not but somebody with a Georgie Boy can let you know for sure.

Oh, and if you haven't yet found the water heater, access to it is through the compartment immediately behind the right --passenger side-- rear wheel well (shown in image attached). There should be a small ring-like spring loaded cam lock latch that you pull on and twist to release the door ...see this VIDEO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pursuit water heater compartment.png
Views:	24
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	388970  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy, remodel