Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First coach we ever bought was in 1995 and it was a 1975 Georgie Boy 25’ class A, 440 mopar (Chrysler) We had it for 4 years and sold it and bought a 1998 34’ Georgie Boy with a Ford 460. We always felt the Georgie Boy was a well built coach.
Barneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2021, 05:22 PM   #30

Windshield Seal

We have a 2005 GB Cruise Master 34’. It looks like the windshield trim/seal needs replaced. Anyone done this, where did you get the seal material, and part number would be real helpful. Also any suggestions.
chfindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:29 PM   #31

Back in 1999 we were deciding between a Georgie Boy and a Storm 30 H.
We bought the storm because it was a bit cheaper. $49,000
I always liked that Georgie Boy we looked at.
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:56 PM   #32

Slide controller location

Hi everyone hoping to get some help from this knowledgeable crew. I have a brand new (to me)1995 GB cruise air with one long slide. No problem going out, won’t come back in. I think it’s the slide controller but I can not locate the bloody thing!! Any ideas where I should look? I’ve tried following the wires from the slide motor but they just go to the manual override switch and then off into the cabin somewhere...
Please help!
Dave.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #33

Not sure this helps, but we have a 2004 and the controller is on the floor under the kitchen cabinet drawers. Don't know if yours is the same. We had trouble with the slide switches and replaced them with switches that tolerate higher amperage. We had some intermittent slide movement. Slides have worked well since replacing switches.
04georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:09 AM   #34

I believe the slide controller on our 1998 Cruise Master is located under the driver's side dash on the firewall.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04georgieboy View Post
Not sure this helps, but we have a 2004 and the controller is on the floor under the kitchen cabinet drawers. Don't know if yours is the same. We had trouble with the slide switches and replaced them with switches that tolerate higher amperage. We had some intermittent slide movement. Slides have worked well since replacing switches.
I have a 2004 Georgie boy Pursuit and had problems with my slides about a year ago. I looked everywhere for the slide controller/controllers. I have 2 slides and not sure if it is one or two separate controllers. I never found any controllers, looked in all cabinets, pulled out all drawers, and checked all outside storage bays. No sign of and controllers!!!!

I replaced both switches and the slides worked perfectly!?! After a year I have had no issues at all but still curious as to the location of the controller.

What model is your 2004 GB?? Could you post a pic exactly where you found your controller? Inquiring minds need to know.

Thanks
1Motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:02 PM   #36

I have a 2004 Cruise Master. The controller is on the floor behind the fuse and circuit breaker panel in the kitchen. One controller for my 2 slides. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210531_155121.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	330312Click image for larger version

Name:	20210531_155258.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	330313Click image for larger version

Name:	20210531_155209.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	330314
04georgieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:08 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
04georgieboy, Thanks for your reply and pics. No such luck for me. I searched under all cabinet drawers and can't find mine. GBM must be playing a good hide and seek game on mine. Oh well slides are working well now but i'm sure down the road i will somehow need to find mine.
Thanks again for your help.
1Motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:08 AM   #38

Air filters for smells

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-in-Mich View Post
Which brings me to a question, Does anyone's GB have what I call that old trailer smell. I have had mine for 20 years now and it has an odor that just wont go away. i have tried air fresheners, charcoal, leaving the windows open all year round. I have ozoned the heck out of it. We can't leave anything in it because the odor will infuse itself into it. Once your in it you get used to it but it would be better for the odor to be gone.
Smells usually aren't gases, they're particulates, smoke in particular.

I use the small HEPA (paper purifier) type air filters wherever I live now.
If you don't HAVE an air filter, you ARE the air filter.

I started out using them with a roommate who built bad smoky fires but now I use them all the time. Cooking smells, forest fires, it helps with everything.

http://tiny.cc/5p6luz
snogroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:12 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesf View Post
I have a 1997 Georgie Boy Encounter in which we have travelled all over the US without major issues, are there any other Georgie Boy owners out there?
I just joined forum and bought a 1996 30ft ( maybe 29 or 31) cruise master 460 Ford with 70k miles. Initial maintenance issues include sloppy steering ( seems to wander a bit left and right) and glass on metal squeaking sound from windshield over bumps.

Worried about gasket replacement, quotes have been about $1000
snogroove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgie boy