Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Getting a j sofa in Diesel pusher

I am in the process of buy a Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40' DP. The previous owners had removed the j sofa and installed a recliner. I want to remove the recliner and put a j sofa back in the coach. Where do you do this without removing the windshield. Thanks for any thought or suggestions.
RV Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Dan View Post
I am in the process of buy a Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40' DP. The previous owners had removed the j sofa and installed a recliner. I want to remove the recliner and put a j sofa back in the coach. Where do you do this without removing the windshield. Thanks for any thought or suggestions.
I assume you are talking about a Jack Knife sofa. Most can be taken apart cushions and arms removed and tilted to get in the door. If not to long you can stand it on end and work it around the door way to get it in. I have never had to take out the windshield to get one in. If you try to take out the windshield 9 out of 10 times you will break it. JMHO
Mel
Old 07-17-2015, 08:09 PM   #3

As was said, most will break down enough to get through the door.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #4

Just went other way on 03 dynasty and I had to cut off two rivets to get it apart. The bolts came out easy but the bed section would not come apart. I put in a love seat with two recliners and a small table and it is much more comfortable than the J but no one can sleep on the loveseat
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Dan View Post
How did they get it out? We had an "L" sofa in our Bounder that we had to "disassemble" into parts to get out the door, and it wasn't easy. Does the HR have a front entry or mid-ship?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Our J sofa is in two sections.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:56 AM   #7

My guess is the OP is actually asking about a J lounge not a jack knife. They were very popular in Monaco's.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #8

When I got rid of my J-couch(J-lounge), I disassembled it and threw it out the door. A loveseat fit in the same place, and whole lot more comfortable.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I took my J-Sofa out recently to have the foam padding replaced. It came apart in six pieces and easily fit out the entry door.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel