Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #1

Getting A New Roof

My 40' 2004 Dutch Star has roof issues that are compelling me to shop around for a new roof. The original TPO is great, but I am un-garaged and in SW Florida, where the sun is brutal.

There is a product out there called FlexArmor (rvroof.com) that checks all the boxes regarding a lifetime guarantee that is transferable, strength, flexibility, and virtually leakproof for the life of the RV, etc.

The only criticism that I've heard, that was second-hand, is from a competitor that said the product, an RV specific pure polyurea formula that is sprayed on after repairs, is too rigid for for an RV roof, even though the product is guaranteed flexible even in frigid weather.

Has anyone out there used a FlexArmor franchise for a new roof, and is there any other wisdom out there regarding a new roof for RV rigs?

Jim Woodard
Fort Myers, FL
Jim Woodard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2021, 09:30 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
A quick search turns up several threads regarding the product.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Flex...earch=irv2.com
Old 12-05-2021, 10:37 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had it installed on my coach and have been very happy with the results. It’s pretty much maintenance free and leak free.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:57 PM   #4

My Mountain aire is scheduled this spring at RV roof install. Fort Ogelthorp Georgia. Check them out on YouTube.
Josh H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:35 PM   #5
US1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H View Post
My Mountain aire is scheduled this spring at RV roof install. Fort Ogelthorp Georgia. Check them out on YouTube.
Watched most all of his YT videos. They go above and beyond for sure. I really like his curbs. Is he that far backlogged or just your time frame?
Old 12-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1 View Post
Watched most all of his YT videos. They go above and beyond for sure. I really like his curbs. Is he that far backlogged or just your time frame?

They are 5 months out for scheduling and say a typical roof takes roughly a week to complete.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:28 PM   #7

I have talked to the fellow down in New Orleans and have an appt. on 4-4-22, that's as soon as I can get it done. Meanwhile I'll keep it covered. Like Jim said, on my 2000 DSDP the TPO looks good but the seams look really rough. I don't know why they don't leak. I drove it home from Titusville last month in a lot of rain but no leaks so far.

...Ray in Mississippi
travlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:57 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Not surprising that a competitor is criticizing it. When I see things like this I often wonder why manufacturers don't do this as a final step after the build. Pretty cool.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woodard View Post
My 40' 2004 Dutch Star has roof issues that are compelling me to shop around for a new roof. The original TPO is great, but I am un-garaged and in SW Florida, where the sun is brutal.

There is a product out there called FlexArmor (rvroof.com) that checks all the boxes regarding a lifetime guarantee that is transferable, strength, flexibility, and virtually leakproof for the life of the RV, etc.

The only criticism that I've heard, that was second-hand, is from a competitor that said the product, an RV specific pure polyurea formula that is sprayed on after repairs, is too rigid for for an RV roof, even though the product is guaranteed flexible even in frigid weather.

Has anyone out there used a FlexArmor franchise for a new roof, and is there any other wisdom out there regarding a new roof for RV rigs?

Jim Woodard

Fort Myers, FL
I am having my 37 ft DP roof done with Flex Armor in Prescott Arizona on January 10. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Pez Vela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #10

RV FlexArmor. I know two that have had it done. Both have fifth wheels. The person in Texas had a lowering in temperatures in side with the hot summer Texas sun. Their roof looks terrific. It is really one great roof replacement.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:34 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez Vela View Post
I am having my 37 ft DP roof done with Flex Armor in Prescott Arizona on January 10. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Please do let us know the results. I'm scheduled to have mine done in May. I live in the Northeast so weather is a big factor here. I have to drive about 4 hours to get to the shop but I'm hoping the results are well worth it. What are they charging you per foot ?

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof