Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
$235 for the repair kit? That seems high and close to what shops want to do the repair if I remove the window. Has to be someone that sells that window seal. There are a few window companies here in town I'm gonna try and see if I can get them to sell me some seal and if the glass is etched maybe they will cut me some glass too. I dont think the RV windows are DOT rated.
That's for 66', should be enough to do 4-5 windows, if you only have 1 window it probably doesn't work out well.
My glass is tempered. I got a quote for 1 large dual pane window made locally and it was $425 just for the window, no installation. I'm getting another quote now.
Let me know if you have any luck finding the seal material.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:00 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
What exactly is this "snow" you speak of? I thought that stuff only fell at like the North Pole and/or Alaska? Are you trying to convince me that it falls somewhere in the Continental US? AND people actually live in it? As in, go outside etc? What's this world coming to?
Unbelievable wind and snow this morning. Still have power which is better than alot of people. I started plowing at 1:30 am and it looks like I hadn't started yet. Can't see, it's white out conditions out there.
I'm ready for to put it off until it's over, worst I've see in some time. My sons live in Florida, There smarter than me I guess, they must take after my wife. All I can say is enjoy your warm weather, I envy you.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #17

Can't wait to get out of the cold and on the open road! We are getting ready to unwrap the MH and head down to Savannah and Myrtle Beach. On the way down we are stopping at the RV show in VA. My husband is working on my honey do list as we speak! He is going to replace the laminate on the table and kitchen counter to a faux granite look and while he has everything torn-up he is also going to replace the sink. We are aslo going to replace all of the carpeting. Not to mention replacing the shocks! So much to-do before March 7th!
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
$235 for the repair kit? That seems high and close to what shops want to do the repair if I remove the window. Has to be someone that sells that window seal. There are a few window companies here in town I'm gonna try and see if I can get them to sell me some seal and if the glass is etched maybe they will cut me some glass too. I dont think the RV windows are DOT rated.
Like stated that is for his kit. If you only want to do 1 window call or email Dave and he will sell you enough material for 1 window. I just got done doing my door window (85 for the kit shipped) and what a difference it made. If your mechanically inclined I highly recommend doing it yourself, it wasn't that hard. I will say that the glass cleaner that he gives you in the kit is probably the best I have ever used.