Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #1

Getting ready to buy or order.

Time has finally come to pull the trigger on our first coach. We are planning on buying a new Dutch Star. I know, I know, we did consider used. My questions are;

How much wiggle room can I expect from the dealer, more than likely NIRVC. If we buy something on the lot, I would think more, vs buying one they already have on order and being able to make some customizations?

Can I expect the dealers to do any simple add on installations of items I want?

So far we’ve been very impressed with NIRVC, out of the four dealers we spoke to. Their reviews on here are generally very good. Anyone have any problems with them, specifically Atlanta, or is another one of their locations generally better?

Basically, any advice you can offer. This is a huge purchase for us. I’ve learned so much from everyone here over the last year, endless research was done, great opinions and advise.

We’re very excited, and I want to be as prepared as possible.
F150 Stealth XL by Rocky Ridge Trucks.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

28 to 30% is what I've seen listed as standard. On older year models in stock that aren't selling because of option choice that did not grab buyers I've see 35% off.

Yes if possible dealers love to sell and install add ons, I'd say make sure the qualified to do the work. Head into the Newmar owners forum here and get PDI check list, don't sing until you do a complete PDI and everything the dealer promises written down on the purchase paper work.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I don't think you will go wrong with your choices, RV & dealer! Everything else you ask is personal choice.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #4

We bought a new Entegra at a VERY good price from NIRVC when they were at the previous location in Lilburn Ga. We were treated like we were their most important customer and their CS after the sale was excellent. It only got better when they finally got moved to the new purpose-built facilities they now have in Lawrenceville. IMO, you will not find a better place to buy from. All that said, anything “extra” you want them to “add o” needs to be discussed and agreed to before the deal is final. You can rest assured they will be competent to do any add on work that they agree to perform. They are honest and completely “up front” in all respects. Great people trying really hard to earn “customers for life”.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #5

We custom ordered our DSDP4326 from NIRVC last October and picked it up in March. Nothing but great things to say about the dealership and coach. Truly first class experience.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #6

1. 28-30% is what I’ve seen. I found that I was able to squeeze a bit more out by getting buyers orders from multiple dealers, then getting NIRVC to beat the offer.

2. Sure. They’re happy to do it.

3. Purchased from NIRVC in GA in May. Pickup date is just a week away. I’ve got nothing negative to say about them.

4. If you end up ordering and doing specials, insist on getting the cost of your specials line-by-line or no deal. I was only able to get a total cost but didn’t know better. Others have gotten the cost of each one.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"WhiskeySierra".....We previously owned a 2014 Newmar Dutch Star that we bought off the lot. We decided to replace it with a 2019 Dutch Star that we ordered. We pretty much new what we wanted to change on the new coach, called "specials". For those who don't know exactly what they want or what can be changed, it's smart to post on the Newmar Owner's Forum (on here) what coach you're ordering and ask for suggestions.

We posted what we we're buying and our specials, but got a lot of good additional ideas. Look at what other people added and then decide if it's something you want.

As an example, the cabinets over the dinette are much shallower than the other cabinets on that wall. We had ours made the same depth as the rest. This really adds additional space. Keep in mind, you can go crazy with specials. We set a budget and picked the options and specials that fit that budget.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #8

As always a wealth of information and good advise. Here’s our update.

We’re scheduled to meet at NIRVC Atlanta in a few days essentially to put together and order our coach, a 2020 Dutch Star if we can get to the right number.

How long does this process usually take? Not the coach delivery, but the actual putting all the options together and negotiating a deal? Are there some “don’t do this”, or “definitely do this” words of advise anyone can offer in the ordering, negotiating, finalizing the deal aspect? This is our first coach, and obviously a huge purchase, so I’d like to go in as well armed with information and advice as possible. With all the highly experienced, multiple coach owners on here I’d really appreciate any words of advise or opinions.
F150 Stealth XL by Rocky Ridge Trucks.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySierra View Post
As always a wealth of information and good advise. Here’s our update.

We’re scheduled to meet at NIRVC Atlanta in a few days essentially to put together and order our coach, a 2020 Dutch Star if we can get to the right number.

How long does this process usually take? Not the coach delivery, but the actual putting all the options together and negotiating a deal? Are there some “don’t do this”, or “definitely do this” words of advise anyone can offer in the ordering, negotiating, finalizing the deal aspect? This is our first coach, and obviously a huge purchase, so I’d like to go in as well armed with information and advice as possible. With all the highly experienced, multiple coach owners on here I’d really appreciate any words of advise or opinions.

Checkout the Newmar subforum on here and look at threads about customs and what things people are asking Newmar to change; they allow you to customize a lot. You might also want to think about doing a factory pickup.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"WhiskeySierra".....When you sit down with the dealer, he'll have all the options in the computer. They can print them all out with the associated price of that option. It will get crazy when you get into things like dinettes, I think there are six of them.

We took the printout and circled the items that were must haves. The BIGGEST must have that we almost passed on, was heated floors. We live in California and thought we wouldn't use them that often. Boy were we wrong! We LOVE the heated floors. In a year of ownership, we still haven't used the furnace. Two nights in Williams, Az with 22 degree nights. Heated floors kept the coach at 70.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote