Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #1

Getting started with BlueFire

I just got my Fire Tablet and BlueFire adapter. I know there's lots of BlueFire threads on here, can someone point me to whatever thread they feel best explains how to set up your own dash without dissolving into super technogeek technobabble? I would gladly just download someone elses dash and use it, but most are in portrait mode and I need to use landscape. I see the BlueFire website had about 8-10 dash's you can download. None of them really work for what I am trying to do. I know there is a site here on iRV2 that has sample dash's for download, but the only place I found is some sort of github thing that I haven't a clue how to use, and it only seems to have 3-4 dash examples on it. If there is another spot, can someone point it out to me please?

Also, I can't locate in the getting started document how to make the dual pointer round gauges - for example one gauge for coolant - left side of the gauge sweeps from 11 to 7 o'clock for temp, right side sweeps from 1 to 5 o'clock for quantity.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #2

Following
jcdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:48 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
I am also interested in this. I have a bluefire coming today but my efforts at what to pair it with have been problematic.

I have a macbook air but it lacks the hardware for it as it is a few years old. I wanted to use my macbook tablet but same issue. I am down to my iphone maybe but I didn't really want to pair it with that long time. Once I am up and running I will search for something affordable to dedicate to this use.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:22 AM   #4

Last year I read everything available for Blufire but did breeze through dash assembly. The "official Bluefire dashboard " was the only fairly active thread here. Posters with questions on here don't seem to get a lot of attention. There is also a Bluefire forum tied to manufacture homepage. I had a hard time getting singed up but I finally did it's not as active as you would expect . I just wanted to see if I could get much or extra info on my early electronic motor duplicating gauges I already had "glass dash" was not my priority , codes and any extra info was. I haven't even found a plug yet only one for trans. from what I understand. Early motors owner adopters just weren't around , I got discouraged and waiting to see if more info pans out.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:29 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
There are quite a few dashboards to download on the BlueFire web site. I spent many hours building some, each an improvement from the previous, most (actually all) in the landscape position.

The go to phrase I got many times from people was "read the 'getting started' information on the web site". It's there, I can't remember exactly how to get to it though. I actually printed it out, but then I figured out every time the mfg does an 'upgrade', they edit the getting started document too.

To the beginner, it's sometimes frustrating, I was there, but I got through it. And the comment about few people replying to your questions is correct.

Once I actually had the BlueFire adapter, I found out my coach was wired incorrectly. With the help of several people here on IRV2 and a couple other forums, I got it all worked out, but that's a totally other subject.

It seems like different coaches, especially older ones, have different features at the 6 or 9 pin port. You probably won't know exactly what you have until you get it plugged in and get started. BlueFire has a pretty good published return policy. The links BlueFire has within their website to other manufactures to get adapter plugs, cords, etc, doesn't have that good of return policy, so be careful about that. You only need those 3rd party products if you have a 6 pin diagnostic port, however.

I'd be happy to send you a dash that I created. I can email it to you then you can play with it. I know how frustrating it is, i was there and I'm definitely no expert on this stuff..
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I mentioned in post 3 above I was getting a used Bluefire 6 pin unit today and am pleased to report back that it is working great. I am using my phone as a monitor and am not happy with it but it works so far. Next I will get some sort of tablet and make my own dash.

After I hooked it up I had to do a reset which was simple. Immediately I started receiving data. I have a simplified dash I got from the BF collection. Should be fun building my own dash board.

Here is what I am getting off my 6 pin older motorhome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	320566   Click image for larger version

Name:	BF2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	320567  

Old 03-08-2021, 07:41 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunrollin View Post
I mentioned in post 3 above I was getting a used Bluefire 6 pin unit today and am pleased to report back that it is working great. I am using my phone as a monitor and am not happy with it but it works so far. Next I will get some sort of tablet and make my own dash.

After I hooked it up I had to do a reset which was simple. Immediately I started receiving data. I have a simplified dash I got from the BF collection. Should be fun building my own dash board.

Here is what I am getting off my 6 pin older motorhome.
I didn't realize you were getting a used 6 pin. BlueFire stopped making those and if you have a 6 pin port, you have to buy a 3rd party 6-9 pin adapter.

I got a new IPad pro a couple months ago and it's a nice size. To me, a phone would be too small and like you said, you don't want to tie it up all that time.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire