Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy Getting to know 2016 Ventana 3709

Just traded our 13 yr old Winn Adventurer gas for 2016 Newmar Ventana 3709. They gave me the wrong book bundle. (for a front engine diesel)I am a full days drive away from them. They need to order a set from Newmar. Need some answers. 1. need master authority code to reprogram door handle entry. 2. What is the button on the lower left of steering column? 3. What do i need on to turn on to start the elec fireplace? Does it need more that 20A to start? 4. Will the inverter charge the 6 new AGM house batteries on a 20amp 120 V circuit or should i just connect a battery maintainer until i get a 30 amp circuit run to it in my garage? 5. What stuff does the engine batterys run? 6. What is the red paddle switch just under the headlight switch and above the outside mirror control do? The Salesman nor the maint tech new. 7. The kwikee elec 2 step is firm when the door opens but gets loose while we were putting stuff in. Is there a way to keep the steps extended without having the door open? More ??? as i find them!! Center light bulb in back bath above sink is out. How does it come out?
becken63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
1. I did this successfully but will have to look it up - remind me if I don’t ge back to you in a couple days.
2. I believe that’s the reset button for the keyless entry - again I have to look it up but will do so soon
3. Don’t have one so....?
4. Your inverter/charger should happily charge your bank plugged in to a 20a circuit - just don’t turn on any other big loads and watch your Precision Circuits panel so see if you are load shedding. Do you have the resi-fridge and 2 xtra battery option? Sounds like it.
5. Engine start batteries run the map light above the drivers seat and the steps. Not much else.
6. Mirror heaters
7. The “Exterior Step” switch should do this
if the light is like the one below, just pry it out a bit and pull.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9FBC9FA0-CF41-41A4-B316-CF319362DB0C.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	324548   Click image for larger version

Name:	E72F6AE4-B60E-4CC5-BAB4-C047E051729C.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	324549  

R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Just noticed you said bath sink. If itís like the one below, unscrew the grey ring around the base of the bulb. Be careful cause the glass shade will come with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5DEBB7C4-3C65-4831-B2B3-54C9B637D0B6.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	324550  
Old 04-11-2021, 08:07 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
more ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
1. I did this successfully but will have to look it up - remind me if I donít ge back to you in a couple days.
2. I believe thatís the reset button for the keyless entry - again I have to look it up but will do so soon
3. Donít have one so....?
4. Your inverter/charger should happily charge your bank plugged in to a 20a circuit - just donít turn on any other big loads and watch your Precision Circuits panel so see if you are load shedding. Do you have the resi-fridge and 2 xtra battery option? Sounds like it.
5. Engine start batteries run the map light above the drivers seat and the steps. Not much else.
6. Mirror heaters
7. The ďExterior StepĒ switch should do this
if the light is like the one below, just pry it out a bit and pull.
4. Yes resid frig + extra batt
4. Should the charge light above the inverter light be on when plugged into shore pwr?
I do not understand answer to #7
Old 04-11-2021, 08:12 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
will the bulb unscrew then? it has 2 flat sides.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
The step does not stay firm, wobbles and moves. very unstable after a few trips. IS THE MOTOR GETTING WEAK?
Old 04-11-2021, 10:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by becken63 View Post
The step does not stay firm, wobbles and moves. very unstable after a few trips. IS THE MOTOR GETTING WEAK?
If you have the electric kwikee two steps, there are simple cam adjustments on the top step to make sure steps are locked tightly when deployed. Itís a two minute job and you should be able to Google the ops manual. At least I was able to a while ago.

2015 Dutch Star 4369, Freightliner, 450 hp
clawsonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:49 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Got the step adjusted. It is solid now. Thsanks
Old 04-11-2021, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Got the step adjusted. It is solid now. Thsanks
Good to hear

2015 Dutch Star 4369, Freightliner, 450 hp
clawsonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
fireplace in 2016 ventana 3709

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsonbob View Post
Good to hear
Any one know what needs to be on to turn on the electric fireplace? Also, When i have the inverter on, the lite is lit for it but not for the charger when i turn it on.?
Old 04-11-2021, 09:14 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Any one know what needs to be on to turn on the electric fireplace? Also, When i have the inverter on, the lite is lit for it but not for the charger when i turn it on.?
You will need shore power or the genny to run the fireplace. Look at the breaker panels (sub and main) to determine what will run on the inverter.

Tags
vent, ventana