Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2017, 06:16 AM   #1

Giant Recreation World lifetime warranty

Giant Recreation World in Florida advertises a lifetime warranty on every new coach that they sell. You must have all the recommended maintenance done at a authorized repair facility. You can not do the maintenance yourself.

My question, has anyone bought a coach from these guys?

Have you had any repairs done using their warranty? In Florida or out of state.

Thanks,
Francis
canyon453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #2

I've never purchased an RV from them but the "RV Warranty Forever" is a third party warranty and not an exclusive warranty provided directly through Giant Recreation.

There are other dealerships around the country that offer the same program. I'm not sure if you can purchase it independently or if it's only available through RV dealerships. However, keep it in mind when negotiating the price you pay for the motorhome as Giant Recreation is paying for it and directly or indirectly passing the cost on to you, i.e. nothing is given to the customer for "free."

You can see the details of what's covered and what is required at the RV Warranty Forever website:

RV Warranty Forever

I do not believe it covers drivetrain components, i.e. engine, transmission, etc. That's where real expensive repairs can be encountered down the line in the future that won't be covered so also keep that in mind.

I've attached their maintenance coupon to this post so you can see what is required for maintenance ...it doesn't look too comprehensive or detailed so that's a good point. Doesn't look like it would be too expensive to have it performed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Warranty Forever® Annual Maintenance Coupon 4-15.pdf (78.4 KB, 168 views)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:30 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
- First, as said prior, nothing is for free and you are paying for any service contract like this. If you exclude this from the deal, you can negotiate a lower price for your purchase (you're taking cost out of the deal).
- Second, companies make money. So when you collectively add up the payout costs across all the subscribers, add their building leases and peoples working, advertising and systems costs, then add money for their profit, that would equal the amount of money they bring in from sales. So you in effect are paying for their jobs and profit. Their actual payout costs could be half of what they bring in of sales.
- Thirdly, contracts are very specific limiting what they cover. If it's not specifically called out on the list, it's not covered. I just randomly thought of a couple things . Look up jacks, it only covers manual scissor jacks. Most class A's would have hydraulic or maybe some electric jacks. Not covered. What about all of the electricals (transfer switch, inverter/converter, wiring, outlets, relays, charge solenoid, etc), no mention anywhere, not covered. Look up entry steps, or awnings, not covered. Look up slide hydraulics/motors/seals/controls, not covered. Rear view/turn cameras, outside lights, not covered.
- There are two ways to write contracts. In one case they say we cover absolutely everything, but exclude these xx things. This is pro-consumer, and unless a repair is specifically listed as being excluded, then it is covered. The other type of contract is pro-company, it is written saying very specifically here is only the list of things we cover. If it is not specifically listed, it's not covered. Guess what type of contract this is?
- Fourthly, in that marketing brochure you don't see their actual contract, and required claims process. Many complain with service companies that you have to get pre-authorization before doing repairs, and can't get hold of the companies. Or, they make repairs and the service company denies their claims. Repair shops don't like them, customers don't like them.
- READ CAREFULLY THE FINE PRINT, don't assume things. If it isn't written and documented, they you are not getting it. (Heck, even if it is written and documented, sometimes you will not get it).

I personally am handy, and can fix many things myself, and also have the means to effectively 'self insure'. So it makes absolutely no sense to pay extra for anybodies service contract. I don't need to pay those companies employees, expenses, and profit....out of my pocket.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty