Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #1

Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Does anyone have the Good Sam Extended Service Plan, and if so, do you have any comments regarding it. We are thinking of purchasing it, but just not sure.
jbnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #2

We have had it for 2 years and about to renew again. Used it many times. Price has remained about the same - no big increase for using it. We have a 2006 Monaco Camelot. We full time. Peace of mind with it is great. They have been prompt and fair in their coverage. Glad we got it.
Hossandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I ask myself, if the quality is that low do I really want the product?
Then I ask the sales people "Is the quality really that low that I need it?"
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #4

I got it when I purchased my 2008 Damon Outlaw because we bought it with 5,000 miles, has 5 television sets, hydraulic levelers, complicated electronics, etc. I thought if one major appliance or system fails, it will pay for itself. It nearly has with the microwave convection oven, 2 air mattress failures, power cord repair, leveler leak, gasoline pump failure, and a few other things. We also drive it around 15,000 miles a year and camp in it about 6 months a year, so I figured with that high use and since I could afford it then, might as well.
Damon Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbnme
Does anyone have the Good Sam Extended Service Plan, and if so, do you have any comments regarding it. We are thinking of purchasing it, but just not sure.
We also had the Good Sam's Extended Service Plan on our first rig, then we changed and we started shopping around and found some other plans which have the same coverage only cheaper. So before you buy check out some of the others, unless price is no problem.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My wife insisted we get the Good Sam service plan and it turned out to be a great decision. It more than paid for itself. We were living in Tucson and at the time Beaudry RV had a good working relationship with Good Sam. They even replaced our Norcold refrigerator after it failed twice. Any problems we had Beaudry would talk to Good Sam and they were fixed with a small deductible.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I have had it on both of my last coaches. So, far, I am ahead of the game. One thing though, is you MUST have the service records for the failed part. They will ask. I had a ring and pinion go out on the rear of my last coach. The bolt BROKE in the rear end. The coach was 8 years old and the rear end had to be serviced every three years. They asked for those receipts. The repair was $3,800 plus the $500 towing that Good Sam ERS picked up.

They also replaced the cooling unit on a Norcold fridge on that coach. On my current coach, they have replaced the Lippert slide out pump, $1,500 plus labor.

Keep your records!!!!!!!!

Tags
service