Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2016, 05:34 AM   #1

goodyear endurance rsa tire

Does anyone have any experience with the Goodyear Endurance RSA tire. I am replacing my Goodyear G647RSS 245/70r 19.5. I have a 2000 Fleetwood Flair model 31A motorhome. My current tire has aged out. My dealer has recommended that Endurance. Looking for advice.
jkbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
My advice is (I will never recommend the use of a Goodyear product) look at either Toyo or Michelin tires for your coach. That's just my opinion from previous experiences with Goodyear products. I have had them on cars, trucks, and this coach we now have. Not one time have they lasted or been supported by the manufacturer after failing. I presently run Toyo's and am satisfied with them so far. They are made in the USA and ride well. You will get a slew of opinions on tires on this forum. Just do some searching and you will find a lot of information.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #3

I'll support half of c92vette's recommendation . I'm one who doesn't believe in paying the premium prices for either Goodyear or Michelin as top-tier manufacturers have to pass along their advertising costs to the consumer.

However, Toyo is an excellent choice for RV tires, IMO. It's a quality product at substantially lower prices than Michelin or Goodyear. Toyo has an excellent reputation among truckers and RVers alike.

Another advantage is that the Toyo warranty is better than Goodyear's. Toyo has full replacement through 5.5 years as long as the tread is within the first 2/32nds. Goodyear is full replacement within the first year and after the first year, you'll receive a prorated adjustment. Toyo's isn't prorated unless the tread is worn over the first 2/32nds which RVs usually will never exceed ...truckers will but most RVers do not put that kind of mileage on a tire. Plus, I've talked with a few who have found it difficult to deal with Goodyear over a warranty claim.

Toyo warranty information

I know it's not answering your question but I'd recommend the Toyo M143. You'll save a lot over the Goodyear product that your dealer is trying to sell you and you'll get just as good a tire.

Detailed description of Toyo M143

JMHO
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I'm another who prefers something less over-priced than GY and Michelin. You don't have to buy cheap junk to get a much better price on a top quality tire. I have Continentals on the back and Toyo up front.

However, if you want GY, the Endurance RSA line is fine. It's a commercial grade tire used by fleets. It's designed for high mileage (not a plus for RVs) and good tire scrub resistance in urban and regional trucking. Tire companies consider recreational vehicles to be a "regional delivery" type of application, so that's a fit.

https://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/p...sa_2016_v2.pdf
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #5

Another no vote for good year.Every vehicle I've put gy's on, road
like heck.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I must be a lucky one on GY. I have the Endurance on my 99 caddie and have almost 109,000 miles. I have Hankooks on my 64 caddy and my 82 PA and am happy with all.
JMO,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote