Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #1

Great Alignment Shop

I would like to give a recommendation to an alignment shop I used Knoxville TN. During a recent trip I discovered uneven wear on my front tires. The inside edge was worn pretty bad. I was in Nashville and had trouble locating an alignment shop that could handle a Class A motor home. We checked with several that said they couldn't do it because the generator exhaust hangs too low and prevents it from getting on their equipment.

I finally found Central Alignment in Knoxville TN. We made and appointment for an alignment and ordered two new tires. Reviews were pretty good except for a couple that said the owner was rude. While talking to owner on the phone we found him to business like and to the point. Not chatty, but not rude.

Appointment was for 8:00 am and they started right on time. Alignment first then new tires. Alignment was out of spec, both toe and camber. They had the equipment to adjust the camber on my straight axle which required bending the axle. Most shops would only adjust the toe spec. He also straightened my steering wheel.

Next they worked on the tires. I was impressed with the time and attention to detail in truing the tires and rims to get the best possible ride. On one tire they had to deflate it then spin it on the rim to get the best match. They balanced the tire and rim on the coach. The whole job took approx 4 hours which sounds like a lot but they worked on it the whole time. They were meticulous and did the job right.

Before this I felt my coach drove pretty good. Had a slight pull to the right, which I attributed to the crown of the road, but otherwise was good. Now it drives excellent. Much smoother, no wobble or vibration at any speed. No pull to the right.

While under the coach Scott noticed my rubber exhaust hanger for the generator was staring to fail. He wired it up for my so I can fix it when I get home.

I live in Pa but will go to Knoxville next time I need tires or alignment work.

Two thumbs up to Mike (owner) and Scott!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!