Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #1

gremlins in furnace

why would my atwood furnace come on with thermostat off and all the way down i cleaned all connections on circuit board and reset switch, led light seems to flash all the time and furnace randomly comes on with propane turned on or off
pabtow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Is there a second thermostat somewhere?
More info about your rig would help. Someone may reply that has same or similar as yours.
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #3

2005 georgie boy pursuit anniversary model yes 2 thermostats its the front one only back furnace works perfect this is my 1st time posting anything anywhere i will learn all the in's and out's of posting goin for harley ride along the rio grande now LOL
Old 01-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have it set on heat pump if the unit senses it is colder than the heat pump could handle it will cut on the gas heating unit on my RV...GlenB
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:24 PM   #5

We had the same issue and I called Inteletic thermostats. They said we had an electrical interference and to remove florescent light ballasts. I did that and have had no problems since.
wingingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #6

I would swap the thermostats and see if the problem moves to the other unit.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #7

so my coach has a wireless thermostat that communicates with the AC/heater in the unit.... in addition I have a Direct TV receiver in the coach... In my unit there is a communication cross over from the frequencies shared by both remotes.... and my direct tv remote will trigger the time delay circuit on the furnace and cause it to start at an time when it wants.... when the ac is running, in the middle of the night, etc... and it won't shut off until the control for the AC/heater are cycled on/off...

A call to direct tv was a waste of time but a call to the furnace manufacture was in fact helpful, as they knew all about it... but had intention to fix the problem other than to suggest changing the circuit board in the control unit (AC) and wiring in a WIRED thermostat to control both units....

HOW I SOLVED the problem was to locate the 12 vdc wiring to the furnace... and install a lighted switch (when on) in that circuit... so if/when the control circuit board asks for heat when the unit is off... it can't power up and run... when we want the furnace to run we flip the switch...

We have also learned to cycle the control board on the AC/Furnace unit ON/OFF/ON/OFF before we go to bed AFTER we've shut down the direct tv box....

Hope this gives you an insight to sort out your issues.... it took us a while to figure this out... especially at 2 a.m. when the dog is waking us up because the coach is HOT...
Old 01-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
I would swap the thermostats and see if the problem moves to the other unit.
And if that doesn't work, swap the circuit boards and see if the problem moves. I've had two Atwood boards do exactly what you're describing.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 PM   #9

Gremlins in furnace

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am going to swap stuff around and try and isolate the problem. I couldn't find this blog to check for updates and just found all the help one could ask for in my e-mail box. This is my 3rd RV and I have made it my mission to fix everything myself. Next I figure out leveler problem.LOL thanx again for the help.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #10

Gremlins in furnace

OK swapped thermostats,relay switch and circuit board one at a time. Problem still exists.I have one flashing red light. Code says low air flow switch.What and where can that be found ?

Tags
ace, furnace