RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2017, 08:51 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
After reading the manual, it looks like I might have triggered the config flash sequence bc I got 4 sets of codes not 2. And since it also does a self reset, it seems that its just about automatic you have to drive it to determine if the code might have returned.

Quote:
I drive a workhorse. gave up on the ABS. (I'm not kidding)

Remember folks,,, ABS did not really become common till about the 1990s. As people get more and more stupid, Vehicles have to get smarter and smarter to make up for it... I learned to drive long time before ABS.

Ah, yes, but ability to modulate locking on a single wheel is not something even superman can accomplish on a vehicle (any vehicle - with hyd or airbrakes) without sometype of wheel sensor. Especially if one wheel has different friction than the others (such as different surface or slightly damp). For one, the system wont feed back the info to you fast enough let alone let you be able to just back off for just that one wheel.

Knowing how to do things old school is good, but there are somethings modern tech provides that just can't be denied - like fuel injection..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 08:53 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy braden View Post

I got the following codes 17 - 8 - 14 and 12. Any ideas?
The Blink Codes come in pairs, First/Second.

So are you saying the above 4 numbers are 17-8 and 14-12?

If so here are the code explanations as stated in the Gen 4 manual I have attached.

17-8 = ATC system is disabled for dynamometer test

14 - 12 = Timeout or no connection found to engine link (J1922 or 1939)

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eaton ABS-ATC.pdf (919.9 KB, 17 views)
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post

Richard, mine looks just like yours. I guess it's a Monaco thing. Thanks for posting all this, I have an intermittent ABS light and an intermittent ATC light. This gives me some things to look at. Keep 'em coming.
Those two systems are not connected in any way.

If you are getting an intermittent ATC light then I would first try changing both fuel filters. That happened to me on a return trip from Alaska where I had taken on a bad tank of fuel in the Yukon. It took me almost 2000 miles before figuring it out by reading a post from another Monaco owner that had the same symptoms.

The bad fuel also affected my Aqua-Hot filter. Stopped at a local truck shop in Paso Robles CA and had all three filters changed, primary-secondary on the engine and the small Aqua-Hot filter. For some reason my generator filter wasn't affected. But that got changed shortly afterwards when I had generator service.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The Blink Codes come in pairs, First/Second.

So are you saying the above 4 numbers are 17-8 and 14-12?

If so here are the code explanations as stated in the Gen 4 manual I have attached.

17-8 = ATC system is disabled for dynamometer test

14 - 12 = Timeout or no connection found to engine link (J1922 or 1939)

Dr4Film ----- Richard

well, that is the lights that I got. Like I said, I dont know why I got four sets of flashes instead of 2. According to the link you provided (and the other bendix reference) you have to press the button twice in and to get the configuration flashes (that are 4). Kind of strange that they flash that when I have never had a light before. I will probably reset, go for a drive and see if it comes back.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:18 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Fault Code retrieval steps are explained on pages 24 & 25 of the manual I posted earlier.

Is that the procedure you had used?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Yep.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Those two systems are not connected in any way.

If you are getting an intermittent ATC light then I would first try changing both fuel filters.
I'll start a new thread for ATC light. I don't want to hijack this one. You will see why I brought it up here soon, but now it appears to be unrelated. Thanks!

Tags
abs, light