Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2020, 11:26 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone else had heating duct issues

I have a 2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA Openroad. I got this past summer. AC worked fine this summer, now I need heat! The vents in the rear of the coach have no heat. Is this a common issue and how can I fix it. And does anyone know if my tanks are heated (the grey, black and fresh) thank you in advance for any info
JPSwope7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2020, 03:19 AM   #2

If you don't get help here, you might try posting under "Owners Forums", "Tiffin Motorhomes"
Old 12-31-2020, 03:53 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
The previous owner of our motorhome had rodent problems. Some of the ducts were not doing their share and a close inspection (mirror and flashlight) showed a big nest some creature had built in the duct. Got it all cleaned out and disinfected, all works well now.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check to make sure all of the ducts are still connected and no holes. As a last resort, you can get a 4" Duct Booster fan for about $20 and put it in the duct to the register with low flow. You will need to wire it to a 120 volt source and manually plug it in or add a pressure differential switch to automatically start the booster.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:31 AM   #5

Are you running furnace, Aqua Hot or heat pump mode.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:06 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Are you using heat pumps for A/C and heating, or are you trying to use the furnace with floor ducts?

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Furnace heat only comes thru floor ducts. Heat pump or heat from heat strips comes out of A/C overhead ducts. That’s the way my 2004 Open road works anyway. All coaches do not have heat pumps or heat strips.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #8

Hey - I have a very similar (if not same) rig to yours.

I've also noticed that the rear heater doesn't blow a lot of air. After having to replace the furnace (for other reasons) the air flow was still not too good.

The ductwork is all connected and in good shape. So here's what i think:

Most of the air flow is diverted to the wet-bat area under the bed slide. I temporarily blocked the basement vent to see if the flow changed and it pushed a LOT more air in to the bedroom/bathroom.

That's my take, anyway.
deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #9

Have a friend that could not get heat out of the floor vents or air flow. Upon inspection found that the plastic that they cover the carpet with when they build the coach had not been removed from the fresh air intake under the bed. Check and see. The coach was 5 years old when they bought. Warm weather campers i guess, A/C only.
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heating