Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #1

Has anyone installed the Gen II Lippert Components 360 Siphon

Just received my Lippert Components 360 Siphons to replace my broken roof vent caps. The Gen II is in two pieces and the instructions are different than the online videos and other instructions I have seen.

The assembly is now two pieces, which are glued together.

1. There is no specific event vent pipe height specified, whereas the Gen I was to be cut to 5/8” from the roof surface.

2. There is no butyl tape provided or mentioned in the instructions.

3. Use of the funnel is confusing.

Curious to how others have installed this? It appears to me that the ideal vent pipe height would be so it seals against the lid within the recess that appears to be in the lid for a 1-1/2” ID pipe.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Got mine a week ago - BAD and confusing instructions. Still setting on the dash. Example of bad - glue funnel per picture with bead around edge. Quick look at mating piece reveals only three very narrow contact points for glue. When I get around to it I will glue it to sides. Looks like vent pipe just needs to be tall enough for funnel to extend below top edge of vent pipe. Funnel is to direct any water into vent pipe and away from roof.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #3

And the recommended adhesive was $15 for a small tube. Guess I am not the only one frustrated. Called Lippert today, they couldn’t answer my questions and an “expert” was supposed to call me back. Phone never rang.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, led, lippert