Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Has anyone put a Bidet seat in their RV?

We installed a Bidet (seat) in our house last year. My wife loves it. She wants one for the RV too. At home we went with the Alpha JX.

Has anyone done this? I'm talking about the add-on seat style (Toto, Alpha, Kohler, Bio-bidet, etc. make these). It needs a water supply and electric outlet.

The seat mounts would need to be somewhat standard (like a residential toilet). I'm not sure the RV toilets can use a residential seat/lid. I believe the mounting (hole spacing) is different in an RV. Getting 120VAC to the toilet location would be the next challenge - but doable.

If anyone has done this. please post back on the brand RV toilet you have and the brand Bidet seat you used.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/bide...uy-382734.html
Old 11-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #3

Oh wow! I just saw your post as I've been touting the joys of the Bidet for the last 10 months on every RV and camping forum I'm on! I get a lot of back-lash, but since you have one in your house .... I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND!

We have the same one in our Fifth Wheel as we do on all our toilets in the house. It works great. We are never connected directly to city water. We always use our fresh water tank and on-board water pump in the camper. I say that, because the same Bidet in the camper has more pressure than in the house, so much, that if the Bidet is turned on full stream .... it feels like it's ripping your skin off!

But we like all of them. Easy to install, yes. But I did end up changing the T to a Pex T and cut the water line. Once I found a metal nipple threaded for both the 1/2 inch Pex that would connect to the metal T connector that fits directly on the (household) tank, it worked OK, except mine kept leaking. I ended up taking it completely off (the metal T) and went to my RV dealership that had a Pex line T (1/2 inch to 1/2 inch) and the 3/8 inch T that fit perfect the hose that came with the Bidet. And it's worked wonderful ever since.

We use our camper year round, and when Covid hit, we purchased only 1 package of TP in 10 months. Black tank is easier to dump, and life is just GREAT!

This is a photo of the original way I connected it. Unfortunately it had a slight leak. It never sealed right. So, I finally decided to cut the Pex line and put in a T there. This line got connected back directly to the toilet then.

This is how Il ended up changing it.

Those rings rotate, so the posts for the toilet seat fit through them. The seat posts and the holes in the toilet itself can be any distance, and these will turn and rotate to fit any fitting.

Brondell ... Click here.

Edit:
I just read through the above linked post. I did not have to do ANY modifications to the actual toilet. I did not have to grind or remove anything, except the toilet seat. Mine is NOT heated and does NOT have air dry. I guess mine falls into the "garden hose" group. But it works, works nice, and most important, keeps the wife happy. (It was her idea originally).
Old 11-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #4

We haven't installed one in our MH .

The idea is certainly doable , the only thing I would consider is FW capacity and BW holding tank capacity .

I know our Bidet at home uses more water than just a normal flush .

In the MH I tell the DW to use the personal shower if she needs a rinse ........ OMG did I just say that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
We installed a Bidet (seat) in our house last year. My wife loves it. She wants one for the RV too. At home we went with the Alpha JX.

Has anyone done this? I'm talking about the add-on seat style (Toto, Alpha, Kohler, Bio-bidet, etc. make these). It needs a water supply and electric outlet.

The seat mounts would need to be somewhat standard (like a residential toilet). I'm not sure the RV toilets can use a residential seat/lid. I believe the mounting (hole spacing) is different in an RV. Getting 120VAC to the toilet location would be the next challenge - but doable.

If anyone has done this. please post back on the brand RV toilet you have and the brand Bidet seat you used.
Bill Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I used the Luxe Neo 120.https://luxebidet.com/product/neo-120-bidet-attachment/

Got three of them in the S&B, then she asked if I could mount one in the MH on a Dometic 520. Had it out to replace the bowel seals so that was a good time to do it. Didn't have to cut or mod anything except for a fitting to hook to the supply. Few bucks at the hardware store.

Works okay with the pump but when the temp drops it can be an eye opener. I really don't notice the additional water in the black tank.

The wife chose this for the house as she didn't want me to have to run power for the water warmer. I thought the cold water blast was going to be a no go but turned out fine. I figured for the cost it wasn't a deal breaker if we didn't like it.

Got ours on Amazon Warehouse Deals and saved a few cents. Couple of months later the TP panic of 2020 was on. We have cut usage of paper by at least half or more...except when the almost 5 year grand daughter is here.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Good info Duchman, we have a home version from Brondell. I looked through the units in your link, didn't see yours, can you supply specific info on your unit?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
That link was helpful.

I have the Sealand/Dometic Opus (electric toilet) now. I'll need to see if this model has the "hump" the guy in the link talks about. While there not a tank on our RV toilets, there is a raised section in the back (like a short tank) that holds the electronics and the flush handle mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus 3200 parts list.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	309490  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Good info Duchman, we have a home version from Brondell. I looked through the units in your link, didn't see yours, can you supply specific info on your unit?

Fred
Dug deeper in the Brondell site, the parts are listed under "Product Attachments".

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
... Duchman... ... can you supply specific info on your unit?

Fred
I did some searching and could not find the exact model any more. My wife ordered them from Amazon, cost was less than $50 for each of them. The one in the camper is a left-handed unit. The ones in the house are right handed.

Here is the closest I could find to ours. The part that actually attaches to the toilet bowl looks like it's identical. Hope this helps: Click here.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #10

This has me thinking.... We have the room for one, and a standard foot flush dometic something porcelain bowl. We already changed the seat to a soft close so I know that the bolt pattern is standard. Considering I'm a celiac suffer(er) this would be a really nice idea. AN cut down on the paper usage.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #11

Yep, sure did. It came out great. We also have one in our house as well. The hard part for me was I needed to run both electric and water as my toilet is right up against the back wall.

It really was not hard but I'm a contractor and wanted to make sure it looked original. I used Brondell from Cosco.

Out of all the mods I have done, this is my favorite.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:13 AM   #12

I put one in at home a few months ago and have plans to put one in the MH. I went with an American Standard setup from Home Depot. I figured it's a known brand..... works great
Old 11-28-2020, 07:22 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I went with the Veken add on bidet attachment for the coach on a Dometic 320 toilet. Fits great. Water fittings will be the issue. I got the fittings I needed from Ace Hardware. I don't recall exactly what I needed but the included tee fittings wouldn't work.Veken Bidet on Amazon
Old 11-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
DH put one in the house at my urging back in April or May. After a few months he asked if I wanted one in the MH too. Of course I said yes. Due to the way our bathroom is arranged, he had to get a left sided control https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed fairly easily, though he had to use different connectors than the ones in the kit. I figured we always added more water to the bowl anyway so we can do it this way instead of with the foot control.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat