Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 03:37 AM   #15

I ran out of fuel on our first long trip with our travel trailer. The wife said I should get fuel, the ScanGuage said I should be good for another 50 miles. The wife was right :( I was 1 mile before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and 100 yards past a station, in the rain. A short walk to get a jug of gas and we were on our way. Now, anytime I'm approaching 1/4 tank I'm looking.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #16

I replaced the fuel pump 2 years ago. But it may be a possibility. I have had in the past the voltage missing to the rear pump and when that happened I couldn't go over 50-55 and it would stumble bad if you stepped on it. Nothing like that happened. Once I filled up it ran fine.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #17

Nope. There is this thing called a gas gauge in my motorhome. Also I normally fill up when my tank reaches around 1/2 a tank. This is normally around 3-4 hours, which is about the amount of time I need to take a break, use the rest room and stretch my legs.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #18

Ran mine down below E one time to see how far I can take it. Wanted to see when the generator cut out too.

Generator never cut out, put 75 gallons in out of 80 at the station...
Old 10-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslam View Post
Nope. There is this thing called a gas gauge in my motorhome. Also I normally fill up when my tank reaches around 1/2 a tank. This is normally around 3-4 hours, which is about the amount of time I need to take a break, use the rest room and stretch my legs.
Sounds like a plan! for your coach (and body) capacities..
My body gives up at every 4 hours,(or sooner)
The fuel tank on the other hand...far longer for it to reach half full ... half tank is 95 gal.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #20

Well this is a update to the original posting in October. Pulled down the fuel tank today. It took only about an hour and a half to pull. Low and behold the fuel pump fell off from the tube it was clamped onto. We used the plastic hose clamps that came with the pump when we installed it 2 years ago. Well they didn't hold up to the pressure. Put on some stainless steel mini hose clamps. now while the tank is still down it's time to replace the brake line from the frame to the axle. Whew.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I absolutely hate plastic anything!
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel