Wanted to share our solution to having an Egress window as a headboard. When we purchased our 08 Expedition, last March, having that was the only thing I disliked about the coach and knew it would be on our "Upgrade" list. With pillows getting stuck in the blinds and cold drafts directly above your head, it did not lead to a good nights sleep!
So, after all the other more "important" upgrades like flooring, tv's etc, we tackled this project.
Hubs was a little skeptical of my plan but it worked out perfectly in my opinion.
1. Painted alcove (just because)
2 Added memory foam to window for more insulation, painted the back of foam black for better appearance for exterior window.
3. Attached a 2x2 with screws to wall as a spacer to allow clearance of window frame and egress handle which sticks out a couple inches
4. Attached commercial Velcro to 2x2 and back of headboard
5. Left the legs of headboard on for support, and cut a groove at the foot of legs that sits on platform for bed.
6. Take lots of pictures and admire our handy work
Not sure pics didn't load in sequence...