Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #1

Headlight problem

On my 2015 Bounder, I just had the living slideout motor replaced. ( sure hope I didn't get a lemon ). Anyway now I have a headlight problem. The drivers side HL low beam does not come on. The right side is fine. High beams work OK on both sides. I know it not the bulb, as I bought a new one, and swapped the right side with the left. Are the HLs fused seperately? Any suggestions?
wingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingguy View Post
On my 2015 Bounder, I just had the living slideout motor replaced. ( sure hope I didn't get a lemon ). Anyway now I have a headlight problem. The drivers side HL low beam does not come on. The right side is fine. High beams work OK on both sides. I know it not the bulb, as I bought a new one, and swapped the right side with the left. Are the HLs fused seperately? Any suggestions?
What model Bounder do you have?

Have you checked voltage at the light bulb socket? If you have halogen bulbs, even relatively weak voltage should show some light unless you have some kind of controller that totally kills power if it doesn't detect proper levels.

Are your low beams HID/Xenon? If so, check voltage into the ballast. If voltage is good into the ballast then the most likely culprit is the ballast itself. Yes, the bulb itself might have failed but the ballast much more likely to be the problem. BTW...don't attempt to check voltage out of the ballast unless you want to really get hurt badly if you make any mistakes.

Of course, check all connections. It is entirely possible that a connector is bad.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light