Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hugo Chavez is trying to help you out. He doesn't want all your money.

Who Owns Citgo Oil? - Answers.Ask.com

I won't buy their product.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #30

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubeje View Post
Easy way is to carry 2 or 3 cards and keep switching them till you get all you need.
Anyone try pulling forward to a different pump and try swiping your card again? I wonder how "aware" the system might be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Anyone try pulling forward to a different pump and try swiping your card again? I wonder how "aware" the system might be?
I can't pull up to the other pump. The MH is too long at just under 40 ft.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #32

Why would any american buy Chavez's gasoline?
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #33

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
If that is the case (and I am not saying it isn't) why do they allow me to swipe the card 2 and 3 times? It still adds up to 150 to 225 dollars? The Costco pumps shut off at $100 and I have swiped the card 3 times with no problem.
Perhaps their liability is PER TRANSACTION.

I can go to 2 Shell stations that are 2-3 miles apart. The limit is $75 at one and $85 at the other. That doesn't sound like my credit card company is establishing a fixed limit.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a Chevron card. From our experience it does vary from station to station. Some will allow us keep filling with the same card after $125...some require a different card.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We filled up at the Rainbow Gas Garden just off I95 in St George, SC on the way back north. No card machine at the pump but lots of room and diesel pumps out back and about the best price on the trip. Took just over $300 (ouch!). A few hours later DWs cell phone rings and it is the bank asking if we charged that amount to our Visa. They asked no account number questions. It is nice to know they keep on top of that stuff.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #36
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When my card was refused the 3rd swipe, after two successful ones, I went inside. The clerk tried swiping it but it kept getting declined. There was a $75 limit on the pump swipe and it did allow me 2 swipes.

When I called the credit card company, Navy FCU, the said that it was there policy to lock out the card after the 2nd swipe and it was their $75 limit. I told them my situation of being on travel in a MH and she said she would make a note on my account so when the flag came up they would know.

So go figure! Is it the CC or the service station? The information that I read at Creditcard.com indicates merchant, but that is contradictory to my experience.

Who to believe, who to believe - I'm drowning on the Internet.

Oh Shux, I just reached THE END OF THE INTERNET

Edited: Shux again. Read This and see that it is a combination of merchant and CC company. CC companies will not pay more than $75 for fraudulent use, so merchants put that limit on their pumps.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile Credit Card

I used my CC at Sam's club and I was only able to
get $100.00 per swipe also. What a pain so I try to gas up when the tank gets down to half a tank or there about providing there is a station nearby. To bad gas isn't. 75¢ a gallon any more and then we could all fuel up with one swipe. Aw the good old days.
justinnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One thing I will tell you. If you don't mind MURPHY's gas..

If you like cash, go into the store (Wall-Mart) and buy a gift card, I recently put nearly 300 on a gift card at the Wall-Mart in Seneca SC.. Well.... Did not take that much to fill -er up.. (only took 202) but I got 3 cents off per gallon, so that's what, a buck fifty in free gass (about 50 gallons to fill)

So what did I do with the other 78 dollars I had on the card.. Put it back in my pocket and when I pulled off I-75 here in KY, where I'm posting from, what did I see but another Murphy's Gas.. Stuck the card in and put the rest in the tank.

Still saved 3 cents per gallon.

If you use a Murphys' credit card (I may do that in 5 years or so) it's 4 cents per gallon.

But I get to handle cash INSIDE the store, on camera where there is decent security because all the store's cash is nearby (At the customer service desk normally but you can do it at any open register)

At the pump it is card in, card out and if you run out of cart the pump stops.