Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by znt1186 View Post
Your inverter should be located in one of the basement storage bays, typically near the battery compartment. The flat panel is just gives you information on whether it is inverting, charging batteries, etc. The inverter will be a box shaped device with a bunch of wires going to it. The two breakers look like switches on the box.
Ty!! Did not know that! Will try it. Ty soo much!
JennaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by znt1186 View Post
Your inverter should be located in one of the basement storage bays, typically near the battery compartment. The flat panel is just gives you information on whether it is inverting, charging batteries, etc. The inverter will be a box shaped device with a bunch of wires going to it. The two breakers look like switches on the box.
OK. I think your talking about the 2 breaker switches under my bedroom... Those are very sensitive and have popped quite a few times.. But not now, they never tripped this time, I even turned them off and back on again... But when they pop. I get no power at all.. Am I correct about that being the inverter thing your talking about? It's where my shore plug is connected
Old 08-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have a circuit breaker panel somewhere? On my rig the shore power feeds a circuit breaker panel located in my bedroom closet. That panel feeds a number of items, one being the inverter input. Sounds to me like this breaker has tripped. If it's tripped no 120 vac coming from shore power will power the inverter. But the inverter output 120 vac would power the outlets while in "invert mode".... until you drain your batteries. By the way when people talk about checking the inverter breakers they are talking about breakers on the inverter itself down in the basement, not on the indicator panel in your hallway.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRide View Post
Do you have a circuit breaker panel somewhere? On my rig the shore power feeds a circuit breaker panel located in my bedroom closet. That panel feeds a number of items, one being the inverter input. Sounds to me like this breaker has tripped. If it's tripped no 120 vac coming from shore power will power the inverter. But the inverter output 120 vac would power the outlets while in "invert mode".... until you drain your batteries. By the way when people talk about checking the inverter breakers they are talking about breakers on the inverter itself down in the basement, not on the indicator panel in your hallway.
I have a breaker panel in bedroom where breakers and fuses are, everything there is fine. All fuses checked. No popped breakers
Old 08-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Are you handy with a voltmeter? On my inverter (magnum) there is a side panel about 2 x2". Under the panel is a terminal board where both in and out 120 volt connections are made. I would check voltage levels there? Remember it's "HOT". If you have 120 on the in, but not on the out something is going on with your inverter
Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
another thing to look at

Something else I was curious about, you did not mention which window this was. I ask, because if it were a window by drivers seat, the rain could follow a path down to the exterior electrical fuses in the forward compartment. Just a thought, need to eliminate all possibilities of where anything might be wet where there is electrical components to include that outlet the fan was plugged into.

But going back to my previous post, I would check to see if you have full power under the gen set, if so, shut it down, reset your shore power posts and any GFI's that might be there along with checking for in-line breaker, quick link fuse.

The reason I am curious about the gen set running and full operation is the direct link with the transfer switch as it relates to shore power. Transfer switches are complex and sometimes for unexplained reasons they may have a glitch that will self resolve itself. Good luck, keep us informed on your progress. James
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Are you handy with a voltmeter? On my inverter (magnum) there is a side panel about 2 x2". Under the panel is a terminal board where both in and out 120 volt connections are made. I would check voltage levels there? Remember it's "HOT". If you have 120 on the in, but not on the out something is going on with your inverter
It that the thing with the black and red probes? If so we checked and we had voltage when batteries are on. Not without.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
And I would double check that breaker panel. Sometime a breaker has tripped, but doesn't look like it. Toggle it off then on to confirm
Old 08-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
Something else I was curious about, you did not mention which window this was. I ask, because if it were a window by drivers seat, the rain could follow a path down to the exterior electrical fuses in the forward compartment. Just a thought, need to eliminate all possibilities of where anything might be wet where there is electrical components to include that outlet the fan was plugged into.

But going back to my previous post, I would check to see if you have full power under the gen set, if so, shut it down, reset your shore power posts and any GFI's that might be there along with checking for in-line breaker, quick link fuse.

The reason I am curious about the gen set running and full operation is the direct link with the transfer switch as it relates to shore power. Transfer switches are complex and sometimes for unexplained reasons they may have a glitch that will self resolve itself. Good luck, keep us informed on your progress. James
The window was in my br.... At rear of rig... I have no idea what the gen set is?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaBoo View Post
The window was in my br.... At rear of rig... I have no idea what the gen set is?
I need to go walk a dog. Il be back in a couple hours, thank you guys so much. Il check back here later for more help and after I've tried everything you guys suggested that I haven't tried yet. Love this site and it's people!
Old 08-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #25

Quote:
And I would double check that breaker panel. Sometime a breaker has tripped, but doesn't look like it. Toggle it off then on to confirm
Did that twice now, as I was out of ideas. ��
Old 08-08-2017, 10:08 AM   #26

Like rocky mountain said, sounds like your inverter is either not getting power or not passing it thru, look at the panel and or lights, is there one for Ac? What brand inverter? Not sure of yours but I have a breaker in the breaker box that feeds the inverter then the inverter itself has a breaker then feeds to another breaker panel. Do you have 2 Air conditioners? Do they both work?
Old 08-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #27

Have you searched for any "hidden" GFIs in perhaps your storage bays that may have tripped. I know I have one on the curb/passenger side in a storage bay.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I hope we are all using the correct terminology?

If I read your post correctly..... You have been able to get everything in the coach to work one way or another. You can't right now because the batteries are dead however.

Do you have 30 amp or 50 amp service? If you have 50 amp I'm wondering if one of your hots is not making it to the AC panel. Maybe bad transfer switch, wiring, etc.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote