Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdpm View Post
Before...these were found during the PDI
Then you are in a good position. I thought you put a down payment after those items were noticed. I think many others thought the same. You should be fine
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
New thing I WOULD not allow to happen until the items are fixed, the state registration. Once it is registered there is no going back, you will have no recourse.

In answer, is this normal, all of the things listed are within normal items you can expect that will need repair.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #31

Heed the advice posted on #21. I would call the CC company right away and explain to an actual person what's going on. Very likely they will assist you as they don't want to see you get into a financial mess, they want you to keep being able to pay them....
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #32

Yet another shining example of shoddy workmanship from a motor home manufacturer.

The Death Spiral in all its glory.

Run, do not walk, away from this deal.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #33

Unfortunately many new RVs come from the factory with "issues". I don't consider " The bumper and side wall on the outside were torn apart and the trim piece and screws were coming out of the frame." as any type of normal pre delivery issue.
Maybe I'm not quite visualizing the actual problem, but I see an RV that was backed into something, or caught a corner during delivery. If you have screws and trim coming out, you will have water and rain going in.
I'd advise trying to get out of buying this MH, any way that you can.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #34

They stated that the items would be be repaired, and you could have it next weekend. Although verbal, that is still a contract. Then they call you and tell you that the fixes aren't as easy as they thought . . . that is a game changer and effectively means that the coach was not in the condition it was represented to be, ie; simple repairs necessary. Also, if the weekend that was specified has now past, they are in breach of contract. Either way they are in breach, and you should automatically get your money back. So either renegotiate a new contract, or get your money back and find a reputable dealer to purchase from.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
$5000 deposit too much at risk IMO. $1000 would have been appropriate. Along with including details of initial items to be fixed and within what timeframe, and additionally defendant on your final inspection and acceptance. Else fully refundable. Any reputable dealer would be agreeable. IMHO.
The other option is to dispute the deposit with your credit card company. State that the dealer has not repaired or delivered the coach in accordance to what they said they would do. If your CC company refunds the money, than it will be up to the dealer to try and fight it in court, something they are not going to do.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Your credit card company may become your best friend. In most, if not all, states you can protest payment and void the sale. If the unit is not delivered in a timely fashion with all the issues repaired satisfactorily I would be calling the CCC and tell them you refuse to pay for something you were entitled to but did not receive. In fact I would call the credit card company now and advise them of the situation. Get their input.
Is the dealer you are working with an authorized dealer for the brand or some fly by night outfit who bought damaged goods cheap and is trying to pass it along to you?
Lynn
Yes, i would be on the phone to my credit card company letting them know what's going on.

But imo, the OP still needs to demand their deposit back. They may have had an initial list of repairs needed and then went ahead and paid the deposit anyway. But it sounds like extra, more serious, repairs are now needed and i would think this would be grounds to get out any verbal/signed contract.

Just wondering, was this rig a rental or something? New rigs have their problems but the list stated by the OP is a bit much...
Old 07-23-2016, 03:40 PM   #37

I agree with the "Run Forest, Run" comment. Get your money back and look elsewhere. Here is someone else's experience. Winnebago-No-Sale-of-Special-Ordered-Coach-Lack-of-Build-Quality
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Yes, i would be on the phone to my credit card company letting them know what's going on.

But imo, the OP still needs to demand their deposit back. They may have had an initial list of repairs needed and then went ahead and paid the deposit anyway. But it sounds like extra, more serious, repairs are now needed and i would think this would be grounds to get out any verbal/signed contract.

Just wondering, was this rig a rental or something? New rigs have their problems but the list stated by the OP is a bit much...

The more I read into this I agree I would run away from this deal. It sounds to me like there were issues right out of the factory as well as maybe damage during delivery or maybe even while parked in the sales lot. It might be prettied up but will never be right IMHO.
Give the dealer a chance to refund the money and if he refuses to do so then get a call into the CCC right away.
I'm sorry this deal has gone sour for the OP.
Lynn
Old 07-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #39

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Lisa you are a Hoot and I could not agree more. That list is to long and would be a non starter for me.
Lol! Sorry! I have no filter! Just sounded like a lot of "issues" to start out with... & that's only the stuff they can actually see.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #40

Rest assured that the credit card company will ask that you try to resolve the issue with the dealer yourself. Also rest assured they will not hesitate to reverse the charge should the dealer refuse to cooperate.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:15 PM   #41
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If you can get your deposit back, I would run from this deal.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:39 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdpm View Post
They are more than willing to fix everything. They have been easy to work with. They have to send the PDI to Winnebago before it can be released. Everything has to be fixed. I just wonder if having stuff wrong with a new rv is normal?
Unfortunately, yes.