Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2021, 07:11 PM   #1

HELP !!! Fleetwood 2015 bounder door latch main entry door

anyone with advice please when we got out of our motor home and tried to get back in we're unable to. The entry door latch is stuck or has jammed around the striker bolt. It will not budge pulling as hard as i can and operating the handle does nothing. I think i may have to take a saw and cut the striker bolt. Any suggestions HELP!!!!
camp328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #2

Mine does that.. it is a real pain.. I use pliers to turn key.. get on key and as close as to dead bolt face as possible.. then just enough muscle not to break key but back and forth
Sometimes I use multi tool in my pocket..
Then once in.. take it all apart and lube insides and keep working until it no longer sticks..
I found it was never lubes up in 22yrs.. now I have never been locked out..
You might have to.. find an unlocked window and get in there.. then work on lube up lock
Good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 12-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is the reason I always leave a window unlocked, had to crawl in that way a number of times. Is this a double strike lock? I don't think this will work, but it can't hurt to try, push on the door hard and try the handle while pushing.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:23 AM   #4

What may have happened is the whole door handle/lock assembly has moved to the left (closer to the door jam) a small amount. This can cause the mechanism (door lock and bolt) to not clear the door jam even tho its fully retracted. Grab the door handle casing and pull towards the front of the MH. This may free things up for you.
css899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #5

2015?

If it is a Trimark lock be prepared to replace it.
The Trimark's installed in 2014-2016 commonly fail due to the latch bolt breaking into two pieces.

First attempt the above posted tips to free it if it is just bound up on the strike plate. You can tap the door at the edge near the lock with a rubber mallet when gently pulling on the release paddle. Sometimes deploying your leveling jacks can free a jammed latch.

The latch assembly can only be removed from the inside the coach with out damage to the assembly.

If the latch bolt is broken, not jammed and you can not gain entry through a window then it is .... drill baby drill!

Hope yours is just jammed.

Old 12-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Try pushing in on the door at the same time you pull the entry handle. Sometimes that worked on my Phaeton, when I got locked out.

On edit: Hope he got in. I just now saw that was posted last night.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 02:27 AM   #7

Smile

Thanks everyone for the advice and tips we had to get a locksmith out. I gave him a diagram of the assembly from Trimark and he drilled a whole in just the right place to unlatch it from the strike bolt. You can bet we leave one of the windows unlocked now.
camp328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, door, entry door, fleetwood