Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #1

Help Identifying Bedroom Slide Controller (2005 Winnebago Voyage 36M)

Hi folks.

The Bedroom slide in my Winnebago Voyage 36M isn't working. There is no response on the LED light on the touch pad (even if the parking brake is not on, the red light won't blink).

I swapped the touch pad with the touch pad for the (working) front slide and have verified that the same problems exist.

I got down to the controller underneath the slide, and verified that there is 12V coming into the controller.

So at this point, I'm thinking that the controller went bad somehow. I'd like to replace it, but don't know what controller it is to order a replacement.

It's a Kwikee slide, and the controller board says "Kwikee Products Co. DigiSync Rev 2.1", but again, nothing that looks like a model number. I'm including pics of the controller and housing. You can see from the pics that there's no obvious signs of "letting the smoke out", so nothing obvious like a blown capacitor or anything.

I tried calling Lippert Industries, and they merely said "send us a picture and maybe we'll figure out what it is, but we don't work at kwikee so there's no guarantee that we'll figure it out".

In any case, if anyone knows what controller this is, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

SuperTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-08-2019, 11:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!
SuperTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry, wish I could help! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #5

"but we don't work at kwikee"

Hmmmmm....I thought I just read recently that Lippert bought out Kwikee. When a company buys out another company, don't they take on the existing support side of things too? Jeeze. I'm really developing a bad taste in my mouth for Lippert for so many reasons. Like Schwintek Slides Systems. They want to be king of the mountain but their innovative products have wreaked havoc on the RV industry and their support sucks from what I can see.

Anyway, sorry. I just don't like that company.
Maybe prior answers to your question will be helpful:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Kwik...earch=irv2.com

I have a different control system than you but I thought just MAYBE this might help you. This is what it says about my slide control board in my manual:
If none of the “Battery Voltage or Circuit Breaker Problems” troubleshooting recommendations reset the system, remove the touchpad from the monitor panel (a screwdriver will be needed) and press and hold the RESET button (“Set Stops/Clear Fault”) located on the back of the touchpad for 5 seconds. The slideout is now ready to be retracted. Press IN on the touchpad to retract the room.
• I was thinking maybe there is a similar reset button on yours that will reset the power and maybe will work again

When you find where to get a new replacement board, please come back and tell us so we'll have the answer for the next fella.

You didn't mention what year your coach is, but I've had good luck calling Winnebago and getting parts and tech support. I just read in another thread last year that a fella got his KwiKee DigiSync slide out control board replaced thru Winnebago's parts catalog and he also found it at CW.
Winnebago General Inquiries for MH’s
641-585-3535 or 641-585-6395 (Had them forward me to the parts dept.)
Service Dept. 800-537-1885 and then there’s an menu option

Also…do yourself a favor by putting—detailed information—of your rig by creating a signature. That way you also won't have to type this information each time in all your future posts. Look at some other posters signatures if you need some examples.
You create a signature by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.

Good luck my friend.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, voyage, winnebago