Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2021, 10:23 AM   #1

Help identifying part or maybe is an extra part

So I was working on my refrigerator a Dometic RM2862 model that doesn't works anymore. So I opened the outside door to disconnect the gas, electricity,etc. And u heard something dripping but it wasn't from the back of the fridge ( at least that's what I think) I look under the motorhome and I see this part and I looked all over underneath the motorhome and I cabt find where that broke off from. Any help will be appreciated. The unit is a 2005 Tiffin Allegro Open road.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_121737.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	337326   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_121720.jpg
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	337327  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_121711.jpg
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	337328   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_121714.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	337329  

carlmpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 10:40 AM   #2

That sure looks like a spray nozzle of some type - Ive got that same refrigerator and have not seen anything that looks like that - but who knows what a PO might have installed on the coach.

There is a drain tube coming out the back of the refrigerator that exits right at the top of the access panel. But ours has a plastic plug with holes in it - I can see where it could get plugged up over time if not pulled out and cleaned. Maybe someone had issues with yours and used a spray nozzle in place of the plug with holes.
The reason it’s not left open is to prevent critters from building nests in the hoses.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
That sure looks like a spray nozzle of some type - Ive got that same refrigerator and have not seen anything that looks like that - but who knows what a PO might have installed on the coach.

There is a drain tube coming out the back of the refrigerator that exits right at the top of the access panel. But ours has a plastic plug with holes in it - I can see where it could get plugged up over time if not pulled out and cleaned. Maybe someone had issues with yours and used a spray nozzle in place of the plug with holes.
The reason it’s not left open is to prevent critters from building nests in the hoses.
I agree with MrMark52. Definitely a spray nozzle. Repurposing is the most likely reason it's in or around your motorhome.

Now, a wild guess. Could the po of your coach have added a fire suppression system to the refrigerator bay?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #4

I agree it looks like a spray nozzle, but the plastic stud screwed into it - I can't tell if it has a hole in it to allow any fluid/gas to flow through it. Looks like it is a solid stud. With the size of the nozzle opening, it would either have to be doing some serious foaming, or else you would need a substantial hole through the stud.

If that was part of a fire suppression system seems like it would allow a lot of water to flow quickly, if it was for a gas/foam system, may be more believable.

Not sure it will help, but can you take pictures of both ends of the stud? I am assuming that it is plastic, which actually doesn't make sense with a fire suppression system.

This is one of those times where I know what it looks like, as do I think a lot of others, but it's location on a motorhome does not make much sense to me.

I assume this refrigerator does not work on propane, 12 volt of 120 volt?

Grasping at straws - is that slot in the brass fitting actually a groove for something to ride in? Doubt it, since I don't see anything to suggest wearing in that area.

At least from pics, do not see any substantial corrosion. How long have you owned the RV?
Old 07-27-2021, 05:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carybosse View Post
I agree it looks like a spray nozzle, but the plastic stud screwed into it - I can't tell if it has a hole in it to allow any fluid/gas to flow through it. Looks like it is a solid stud. With the size of the nozzle opening, it would either have to be doing some serious foaming, or else you would need a substantial hole through the stud.

If that was part of a fire suppression system seems like it would allow a lot of water to flow quickly, if it was for a gas/foam system, may be more believable.

Not sure it will help, but can you take pictures of both ends of the stud? I am assuming that it is plastic, which actually doesn't make sense with a fire suppression system.

This is one of those times where I know what it looks like, as do I think a lot of others, but it's location on a motorhome does not make much sense to me.

I assume this refrigerator does not work on propane, 12 volt of 120 volt?

Grasping at straws - is that slot in the brass fitting actually a groove for something to ride in? Doubt it, since I don't see anything to suggest wearing in that area.

At least from pics, do not see any substantial corrosion. How long have you owned the RV?
Well it is plastic and it does have a gas connection for the fridge. Also the drain from the fridge is also unde the storage room and it has the cap with little holes, so it's not the fridge drain. What calls my attention on this part is that the nozzle has the same paint color of a part of the body paint on the motorhome
carlmpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:06 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmpv View Post
Well it is plastic and it does have a gas connection for the fridge. Also the drain from the fridge is also unde the storage room and it has the cap with little holes, so it's not the fridge drain. What calls my attention on this part is that the nozzle has the same paint color of a part of the body paint on the motorhome
You would be surprised at the amount of construction debris left over in and under appliances and other fixtures. My guess is this is an alternate tip and storage spud for a set of air powered cleaning devices that got knocked off the wand during use. Somebody at Tiffin is working without a full set of tools.