RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
OP said his house batteries are in front of the windshield, his chassis batteries are near his engine in the rear. Are 'trucker's jumper cables' 30+ feet long?
I believe a heavy duty trucker's cable is about 20-25'.

Okay, so hook them together (red and black). The concept is the part to embrace, not the obstacles.

OP did manage to find the fuse and solve his problem - other than needing to replace a few batteries.

I would suspect that he also could have used a wrench and moved the batteries closer - but again, it's the concept that can be elusive at times.
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #16

Welcome to the forum!!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #17

We have a 1999 Georgie boy Cruisemaster. Had similar issues last year. Traced it to a fuse up front. About middle of windshield is a black plastic cover with one screw under the front bonnet. The top fuse had blown. They each have a wire on both sides of the fuse that attaches to a stud on the fuse. You wouldn't think they were fuses by looking at them. Cruisemaster had a habit of having strange fuses in obscure places. But we love our coach!
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to Centerspike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
We have a 1999 Georgie boy Cruisemaster. Had similar issues last year. Traced it to a fuse up front. About middle of windshield is a black plastic cover with one screw under the front bonnet. The top fuse had blown. They each have a wire on both sides of the fuse that attaches to a stud on the fuse. You wouldn't think they were fuses by looking at them. Cruisemaster had a habit of having strange fuses in obscure places. But we love our coach!

Interesting!
I don't recall seeing a black cover on my 2001 , but I agree they are in some random places. I'm glad you replied because I still haven't made any headway, as I haven't thought of any new ideas or places to check.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to Centerspike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post

Is this the black cover you were referring to? If so I've seen it but not sure where to look...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_110819.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	223546  
Old 10-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Evans Tempcon (Air conditioner) troubleshooting and manuals.
Evans Tempcon > Troubleshooting, Diagnosis and Repair
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise master, emergency start, solenoid