Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #1

Help! Slide won't retract

Brand new bounder 35k. Living room slide wont retract. If I push for it to go out the motor comes on but when I hit in nothing happens. Any advice?

We got rain last night though I cant see that being an issue
Brandonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrv View Post
Brand new bounder 35k. Living room slide wont retract. If I push for it to go out the motor comes on but when I hit in nothing happens. Any advice?

We got rain last night though I cant see that being an issue
Sounds like a bad switch or loose wire on the rocker switch.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #3

When we were test driving a 35k Bounder that happened to them while trying to button it up for the test ride. They had me hold the switch down while two of the salesmen pushed the slide in. It went real slow but it worked. Don't know if this helps any but worth a try.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
When we were test driving a 35k Bounder that happened to them while trying to button it up for the test ride. They had me hold the switch down while two of the salesmen pushed the slide in. It went real slow but it worked. Don't know if this helps any but worth a try.
Do you remember if the motor made a noise when they pushed the button? Ours doesn't make a noise as if it's not even trying
Old 09-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #5

As the others have suggested it sounds like either the IN/OUT switch has gone bad or a wire has pulled loose. Another possibility is the room slide controller. On my older coach, I have three slides and one controller for each slide. My kitchen slide would go out but not retract, I knew the IN/OUT switch was ok, because it is used for both of the front slides. Since my slide controllers are all located in the same compartment, I just swapped the wires from one controller to the other. My kitchen slide would then retract. If your IN/OUT switch checks out ok, check your slide room controller.
paddler54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #6

Not clear if your slides even try's to move or just nothing but I have a bounder and my slides wouldn't work just nothing happened when I pushed the buttons. I had a blown 3a fuse that went to the backup cam. Go figure. The fuse is in the panel above the propane tank, right side.
Jandringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

Well.. I'm really confused.. We unplugged replugged jiggled and nothing worked.

So we gave up until we can call our service people tomorrow. About 5 hours of fartin around decided to try it again and out of no where it worked!!!

Now I have to figure out how to explain this to the service department..
Old 09-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrv View Post
Well.. I'm really confused.. We unplugged replugged jiggled and nothing worked.

So we gave up until we can call our service people tomorrow. About 5 hours of fartin around decided to try it again and out of no where it worked!!!

Now I have to figure out how to explain this to the service department..
By chance were your batteries low? By all means get it to the shop and get things checked out.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
By chance were your batteries low? By all means get it to the shop and get things checked out.
good question, I don't see how since I've been plugged into shore power for 2 days prior.. Unless I somehow accidentally shut something off that would prevent them from charging.

Something along those lines is what seems to have happened, but tracking that down might be difficult.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #10

Brandon, I don't remember but I don't think it made a noise at first, but as they pushed I think the motor came on did work but real slow.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Good Point. I always plug into shore power or run the generator when running the slides. Low voltage gets these things out of whack.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Good Point. I always plug into shore power or run the generator when running the slides. Low voltage gets these things out of whack.
Some of the coaches have a charging relay that also acts as the AUX BAT start relay. It is not uncommon for this thing to fail. I suggest that you research this, even if it is just for the future.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:29 AM   #13

My bedroom slide will be balky from time to time when trying to pull it in. When it does that I make sure all the 12v lights are off. Then it always works just fine.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
My bedroom slide will be balky from time to time when trying to pull it in. When it does that I make sure all the 12v lights are off. Then it always works just fine.
Check out M4products.com. They have a great line of LED replacements. I have done all of the main lighting in the coach and I am very pleased with the results. No more ugly yellow glare and the battery life is much better.

Tags
slide